University

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by CrabbyPaws, Dec 20, 2011.

1. CrabbyPaws

CrabbyPaws Member

I sent my application away a few weeks ago and even though the deadline is the 15th of January, one of the universities made a decision yesterday and I was unsuccessful.
    This is my first time applying and I never expected everything to be perfect but it just feels weird being rejected like that, and now suddenly I feel down about the rest.
    I haven't got the grades I need for the actual course just yet because I haven't sat my exams yet (in May) but my grades are consistent, my predicted grades are up to what is required and I have very good references, not to mention I have almost perfect attendance, and so I can't help but think that it was a dig at my personal statement. Or that they just don't like me.
    :(

I don't really know what purpose I made this thread for but I'd like to hear people's experiences too.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Well im sure the economy is shit where you live to, but here in america they cut a lot of classes at school which makes ir harder to get in. You have to remember that its not only you applying for that school, but thousands and thousnds of other people. You need to relly stand out in your application. Good luck.