The Big Bang as an 'Cosmic Orgasm'

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by TyroneBiggums, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This was stupid.

2. hstaubyn

hstaubyn Members

This is an excellent idea. They say that time was created at the same time as the big bang, so time was created from our perspective when we were conceived. Try to look back to the moment of your conception, your imagination will fill what you obviously are incapable of remembering, and I bet it will be some sort of explosion (albeit certainly if the cognitive bias of this thread has done its work). The guy who first came up with the big bang theory could no more think back to that moment than he could to his own conception, yet it's interesting that in reaching that far back and trying to visualise it, it's a cosmic explosion from a pin prick, much like the orgasm + conception process. Who knows, maybe that big bang was the "cosmic father" climaxing inside the cosmic mother. Or something... It doesn't necessarily follow that there had to be a time of struggle for the sperm equivalent to reach its destination, then cause conception and growth, with a cosmic birth, maybe conception happens at the instant of orgasm. We are talking in parallels here don't forget, not literal translations.

This psychological parallel is interesting because it comes from the brain which itself obeys exactly the same laws as the universe. Consciousness is subject to those same laws too, it has to be because it exists. In fact, its mechanics (whatever they are) are founded on the same laws as everything that ever did, or will, exist. Whatever we are is the same stuff that makes up the universe, dark matter and energy and all, it doesn't just exist somewhere else, the big bang wasn't an event that happened in isolation, we are all part of the same system. In other words, we are manifestations of the same underlying rules and laws that governed the big bang.

It's therefore not totally ridiculous to suggest that life springs from a mechanism that has parallels with the big bang.

This is all totally out there of course and with not a shred of proof to back it up. I'm just interested to see if anyone has taken this thought process further or whether there is any serious consideration of this stuff. MattyDigs is right, allowing intuition to guide your thoughts into a new realm and to then apply cold hard logic to examine it.

3. hstaubyn

hstaubyn Members

*...is a worthy exercise

4. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

children of the fvucked up science are the loosers of the future
    ... go through a black hole jerkin off and come back and tell us your expirience!

5. I jacked off into a black hole and my sperm turned into a hologram.

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

OMG...lol.....^
    ok, back to the millions of things i have to do still and am not doing here......lol

7. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

awesome answer neon spectral toast... now I know, thanks

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Gave you a like, neon, because that was one of the cleverest things I have ever read on this forum...and it made me say OMG.......as i don;t usually want to hear about people's big bangs.....lol.....but you made me laugh.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:Iagree: still.

10. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

Hey neon can I use that in my sig lol

11. Sure. I feel like it belongs to all of us anyway.