Question on Concerta

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by tan9000, Dec 14, 2011.

1. tan9000

tan9000 Guest

I'm new around here, so hi everyone! :2thumbsup:

Anyway, I have a little story leading up to my question. I have used a load of pot in the past year or so, and got caught so many times that I have 2 urine tests a week now! Now, my best friend, who I only see twice a year, is coming back in a few days... Me and him used to ALWAYS get high together! He wants to again. I cannot do pot however, so I had a question regarding a pill I have recently been prescribed to, Concerta.

I've been told it is very similar to Ritalin, and cause a very unique high. Anyone have any experiences or knowledge to back me up here? I already know it's hard to cut open, but I can handle that. All I need to know is what the high is like, and how much to do, etc etc.

2. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

concerta sucks. dont try and get high off it. i was prescribed that back in high school. and its a fucking pain to open and once you do its all waxy and what not. not worth it man. id say jus have a couple brews or somethin

3. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Concerta IS Ritalin (essentially). Both have Methylphenidate as their sole active ingredient. Ritalin is just Instant Release Methylphendiate. Concerta is the Extended Release version. It DOES get you high, but I find that Methylphenidate doesn't provide any sort of 'strong' speed high. And it takes a very high dose to really feel it well. I recall many times taking over 150 mg of Methylphenidate to actually get high (I was prescribed 72 mg per day- one 54 Concerta and 2 10 mg Ritalins).

However, if you insufflate (snort) Concerta or Ritalin, it DOES provide a unique and very nice short-lived high. It is pharmacologically very similar to cocaine (But less potent). However, it takes A LOT of practice to be able to effectively "dissect" a Concerta pill to get it to the point of being able to crush it up to snort. I am sure if you use the search engine here, a post (probably with MY input) about snorting Concerta will show up.

4. smokinIVXX

smokinIVXX Banned

you should ask the doctor who prescribed it to you..

5. nik12937

nik12937 Guest

^clever dog :D

In my opinion, if you like Ritalin, you'll probably like Concerta. I enjoy it for the most part (adderall or legit amp is still better), but I just crush everything (there's Methylphenidate in the coating itself) and down with a glass of water. Just like instant release Ritalin.

6. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Unless you are into snorting Ritalin. In that case, Concerta will disappoint you to no end. At least that is how it was with me until I got my doctor to add on Ritalin IR's for the afternoon. Insufflated Methylphenidate is ten times more fun than oral MPH. However, IMO insufflated Adderall (amphetamine) is only a tad more fun than oral Adderall. But they have different pharmacological profiles.

7. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

don't sniff pills. just pop them you will get high if you do enough. just be careful to not do to much cus then you will just feel like your heart is going to fast and feel like crap. one time I did to much ritalin and I could not stop drinking water and I felt horrible.