Riot Watch 2012

Discussion in 'The Future' started by War John, Nov 20, 2011.

1. War John

War John Member

Title is self-explainitory.

Discuss the matter.

My twenty-three dollars worth:

There will be a massive riot breaking out all across the United States. It will pick up and include AK and HI. It will put us in a post-apocalypse once it settles in for the long haul. Instead of the walking dead, it will be rioters.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

why do you think this?

3. War John

War John Member

See the Occupy movement change when they see their point hasn't gotten across to an effectiveness yet.

Just my thought.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I don't think enough people are waking up to furnish that level of unrest. Part of me hopes that you're correct and part of me would rather not deal with that situation.

I think the Occupy movement is itself getting manipulated by some of the very corporate entities that it protests... they can use their deep pockets to furnish material support while political puppets declare solidarity- enacting the usual toothless legislation aimed at placating rather than reform. Some invisible, "underground" coordination ought to be employed to pass the message and actions through the "how can this be used to mischaracterize this" filter.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

wall street/"too big to fail", is today's viet nam/french revolution/cause celebre/casus belas. the sit ins and protests of the 60s where the decade i was in highschool.

what happens to manufacturing when only the very rich can afford to shop?
    is an economy based solely on 'services' really an economy at all?
    once upon a time in america, too big to fail was against the law. that law was called the sherman anti-trust act. the ragun era was instrumental in pulling the plug on it.

i don't know how change will come about. i just suspect though, that the usurpation of government by organized corporate crime, will not continue for ever entrenching itself ever deeper and more inextricably.

the people have spoken and are speaking, quite clearly. its not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy, and what real people want, is not what the corporate chamber of commerce has been getting away with.

i don't believe there is an ideological answer, but i do believe the current ideology has much to answer for.

and that neither ideology, nor the dominance of aggressiveness it supports, are neccessary, nor even useful.

6. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Maybe the movement gets hijacked/corrupted like most revolutions, maybe not.
    I still think it would be efficiant to occupy the private homes of the 1% that would scare them a lot more than occupying public places.

7. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

This year we will witness a lot of chaos. The global civil and illegal wars will continue to escalate. With in the next month or so we will quite possibly be thrown into a world war 3 following the invasion of Iran. And with that we will likely see incredible global guerrilla resistance. But we shall see.
    The best thing we can do now is just prepare. And learn as much as we can.

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Maybe this is why the indefinite detention bill was passed. Take away our rights before we have the chance to use them.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Because of this thread? Nah.....

Seriously though, Yes they have this in mind with the NDAA and it's wording. It does give them the power to just contain crowds of "dissidents" and make them "go away" indefinitely. (as it's worded)

10. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

Maybe something will happen? I am not sure the public really has that in mind though, Occupy has had anarchists since the beginning and even they know that bringing violence into the movement, in its infantile state, will only make them look bad. As for NDAA and the government, the U.S will only see massive breakouts if the U.S passes a crazy bill..

(Not saying ndaa and detention centers aren't crazy bills, but you don't see people in the streets killing others because of it)

11. Tyrsonswood

America is so divided right now half of the population would cheer as the other half was locked up even though the cheering mobs could be next in line. The controlled media (Faux News *cough*) is largely to blame for this divide..... Sad but true.

12. raincoast

raincoast Member

Something HUGE is going to happen this year.. I can feel it... 2012 is the beginning of the new era, For better or for worse

13. jameshk

jameshk Member

Yes I al also behind the fact that there is gona be something huge happening this year, I think its gona kick off in london too!

14. ZiggyZuZu

ZiggyZuZu Member

I fucking hope so.... New era sounds nice... 2012 feels right for some reason, my heart goes warm when I think about it

15. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

I'm expecting a riot this year, because I think Jeb Bush is going to be elected president. :icon_bs:

16. Tyrsonswood

:puke:

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

probably not jeb bush, but carl rove is at it again.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

maybe the mayans were on to something. 2012 isn't the end of the world, but the end of the world as we know it?

19. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

Mayans said 2012 was a year of change in the human psyche (i.e the way we think) perhaps they were right with the rise of occupy and the current class warfare that we have. It all depends on how much emphasis you put on the subject, let alone 2012 is definetly going to be an exciting year for #Occupy!