How does it feel

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by War John, Nov 12, 2011.

1. War John

War John Member

How does it feel graduating to no job out there?
    How does it feel having debt?
    How does it feel knowing you are never to live in your own place to call home?

College is not the answer these days due to the job market being pretty much closed.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I don't have debt, and am not going to college for the degree, but for what I learn.

Your logic doesn't work either way, what IS the answer, not going to college so that when you do get your foot in the door, you're stuck as a dish washer for life?

3. War John

War John Member

Well you have it made in life I take it. This topic is not intended for those who got it made. It's intended for the 99%. lol Sorry top 1%.

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

Start a revolution

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

So you're saying that being the 1% is as simple as caring about what you learn, instead of what a piece of paper says you've learned?

6. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

OP: You are catastrophizing. Yes, you may not see a job right now. Yes, you may have to live with Mom & Dad for one or two years, but this is not going to happen for eternity.

While I am semi-employed, but have a good job that pays well, I still know your pain because many of my friends are in your boat. Just be constantly researching how you can apply your degree to the real world. There are so many applications that you probably never even knew of. I know that's how it was for me.

And employers will pick up on your attitude if you are very down about things. They want an enthusiastic person, so try to improve the way you look at it and perhaps something will come along quicker than you think.

7. DianaBee63

DianaBee63 Member

How does it feel to be on your own, like a complete unknown, with no direction home?

:p

8. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

This is exactly what i thought when i read that title. :2thumbsup: