Dress yourself up...online?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by PhyreTrukk, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

So I have an odd request... I've come to the realization that I've been wearing the same style of clothing now, well... for a while. :(
    I feel like I need a change. A new look, to fit with my personality better perhaps? So basically, I just don't know really what kind of clothes/style I want.... And I'm not the type to go to a store and pick a bunch of different clothes and go try them on.. So I was hoping maybe there would be a site where you could put a resized image of yourself, and kind of play dress up with a bunch of different clothes/hats/shoes/hairstyles etc.

Thanks everyone. :daisy::2thumbsup:

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Don't know about the paper doll bit, but I am researching clothing capsules, and I find lots of articles on how you should dress. Not that I agree with many of them, but I'm building a classic looks capsule for giving presentations and the like where tie dye and jeans or boheme skirts won't do.

I know those sites for making yourself into a paper doll exist for hair styles. I'm sure some high dollar shops use the technology.

Here is an article on the tech:
    http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-11-16/business/17180157_1_richrelevance-ceo-fashionista-marker

I can't test it as I'm on Mac, no flash.

3. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

Just quit being a pussy and go to the store and learn for yourself.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

why not just continue to have your mom buy your clothes til your grow some balls and learn to shop for yourself

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

wouldnt it just be easier to photoshop your head on Justin Beiber body?

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Really, guys? Have to be so pricking and gang up?

I tend to get ideas at odd hours, so a clothes mock up would be great for me.

Also, not everyone wants to go do a "mail crawl."

7. CandiiRainbow

CandiiRainbow Member

just use photoshop :)
    or if you are like me and dont have it/dont know how it works just use paint :)
    google images of clothes, different colors and styles ;) ...