My Kratom Tea Experiment

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by ancient powers, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

Hello everyone,

I have been working lately with Bali Premium Kratom crushed leaves. You guys know how it is. You hear about a plant and have all kinds of fantasies of how its gonna be.

Well I decided to go with the tea method. Upon much meditation I felt tapping the power of the plant using my tea method of extraction was the best method. Plus it would allow to me to experiment with establishing my recipe for the acidic extracting solution.

So using my digital ph meter I tested a solution of 1 cup 7.3ph tap water with juice of 1/16th lemon wedge squeezed. The meter read 2.6ph. I feel that I need a new meter to confirm the change. according to a great write up located here, I feel confident that a ph4 solution is capable of alkaloid extractions. 2.6ph even better.

I know from previous experiments that a very strong acidic solution usually leads to naseous vomiting. This I want to avoid so as to hold the brews in my tummy for maximuum absorbtion.

Having experimented with kratom before. The only experience I remembered was a anti-depressant power.

So the first test was 10gs of the bali kratom. The 10gs was put into a small pot and 1 cup water with juice from a 1/16th slice of lemon was used. I brought the mixture to a hot temp but never brought it to a boil.

The tea was filtered into a coffee cup using a fine mesh filter. The kratom was returned to the pot and another 1 cup of tea solution was added to the pot, covered with lid and allowed to sit while I sipped my cup of afternoon tea.

Now usually in the late afternoon if Im home chillin, I really enjoy drinking tea or coffee. So Kratom seemed like a plant ally I could tap during these times.

This write up below made sense to use kratom as an afternnon tea in place of coffee or tea.

Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) is a leaf harvested from a large tree native to Southeast Asia. It is in the same family as the coffee tree. Although using Kratom has been common throughout its native range of Southeast Asia, this amazing plant has remained virtually unknown outside of that area until the last few years.

Although structurally related to yohimbine and other tryptamines, the pharmacology of Kratom is quite different. It contains many alkaloids including mitragynine enabling it to aid work while also aiding rest and sleep. Kratom is said to produce a sense of well-being.

Kratom also contains alkaloids found in Uña de gato, which are thought to play a beneficial role on the immune system and lower blood pressure, as well as epicatechin, a powerful antioxidant also found in dark chocolate and closely related to the EGCG that gives green tea its beneficial effects.

Now to drink the tea here is a learned behavourr that I have developed over the years. I like my coffee black, and the best way to drink it for me is to sip, hold it in the mouth for a second, then swallow.

This seems to help accustom the palate to the taste and allow for sublingual absorbtion. It really does help with drinking any foul liquid plant potion.

We always read write ups with the most bizzare and extreme extraction and prep methods. I have come to find that it is really a very simple concept.

So the 10gs produced very strong effects, that resembled alcohol intoxication.

I felt that 10gs was too much and retried using 5gs instead, which produced more of a controlled buzz and allowed me to continue sipping many more cups without it being too much.

Using my scale I measured that 5gs of the crushed Kratom could be measured as 1 heaping tablespoon worth of the herb.

So here is my conclusion.

1. I would say that it would be best to start the tea using 5gs of kratom which equals 1 heaping tablespoon of herb.

2. 1 cup of water + juice of 1/16th slice of lemon or lime is added to the small pot with 5g kratom and covered with lid.

3. The solution is brought to a gentle simmer then strained into a coffee mug using a fine mesh strainer.

4. The kratom from the strainer is returned to the pot and another cup of water and 1/16th lemon juice is added, covered and allowed to set on low while you enjoy you first cup.

5. The tea is to be sipped like coffee or tea. This will help to get accustom to the flavor which seems to resemble a mild ayahuasca flavor.

6. The kratom is extracted twice and then fresh kratom is used after that. I recommend that you start with 5gs. The buzz is really strong and 10gs at a time may cause intense discomfort.

7. I would say that you could add a bit of milk or cream to balance out the bitterness and add some sugar. But the sipping method definetely helps to handle the taste.

It seems too much kratom too fast may be a negative experience. The tea method is gentle and controllable.

Definetely a nice buzz, but no better than alcohol or cannabis. Seems to help promote positive feelings.

enjoy all! e

2. samson smith

samson smith Banned

Wow!! Good Experiment with Kratom Tea. I want to try it. thanks for this nice method of kratom tea.

3. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

I measure out my dose in a dixie cup and heat a coffee cup of water in the microwave. I throw the powder in and drink it powder and all. There is a lot of powder remaining after, so I refill the cup with either juice or beer (depending on the circumstance) and wash all of the powder down my throat.

4. Aalina

Aalina Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. My first kratom experience was great.

5. samson smith

samson smith Banned

Very Interesting!! thanks for sharing your experience with us...

6. Aalina

Aalina Member

I put 3 teaspoons and make a cup of kratom tea with it. I sweetened it with chocolate. I am still experimenting, as I am new to kratom.

7. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

i did kratom, its nuts man. but it hits diff ppl different, either you are wired and feel good, or you are tired as hell, the earth sways underneath your feet and you are crazily jittery. i experienced the 2nd one

8. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

kratom best taken as tea.

correction 1/16th lemon wedge is actually 1/8th. my bad.

I lowered dose to on 1tbsp bali commercial bbb. extracted 2x drinking 1 cup (8oz) at a time.

easier to manage. too muck makes me irritable and sick.

after effects knock you out. nite nite.

if using powder kratom. cover your coffee mug with a coffee filter.

if using crushed leaf. a fine mesh metal filter works perfect. (ancient prefered way).