Other herbs to smoke besides weed?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by nirvana98, Oct 17, 2011.

1. nirvana98

nirvana98 Member

Are there other herbs to smoke besides weed that give you the same kind of effect?
    just wondering.

2. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

yeah, I don't actually have experiences with them. But just so you know, they do exist, there are 1000s of plants out there! (Sorry I don't want to throw out names and be incorrect, but yeah they exist)

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Only weed will give you the effects of weed. Apparently catnip is like a watered down weed high. If you are looking for a fun tasty herb to smoke I recommend Damiana. It tastes quite nice, lemony, leaves a tingle on your lips and tongue, is midly relaxing/sedating, and has a direct stimulating effect on sexual organs :) when i roll joints they are half pot and half damiana. it also burns very slowly and is extremely gentle on the lungs. At ~3$/oz you can't go wrong :)

4. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Don't know if we can post links here, so, I'll just say: google the "garden of shamans." You'll find what your looking for. ;)

5. ChrisFromScotland

ChrisFromScotland Lang may yer lum reek

I went through a large bag damiana a couple of months ago over a couple of weeks, i felt it had a cumulative effect for the relaxation and the slight aphrodisia, i definately had more of a sexual appetite after a few days of smoking which was noticable. As for getting high you are barking up the wrong tree, it is relaxing and makes chilling out in front of the tv easier for me in the respect that i usually cant sit in front of the tv without getting bored extremely quick, all in all it made me feel quite lazy and chilled but certainly not high, i think it would be good with weed like what writer does with the half and half joints, i dont smoke weed anymore but this does sound good particularly because damiana is a natural anxiolytic which meybe helpfull for me if i were to choose to give weed a shot again, i had to stop before because it was making my anxiety worse unfortunately.

6. The Shoemaker

The Shoemaker Member

Smoked catnip in a joint once, was sick for a week and a half -.- never again

7. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

never tried it but this could interest you.

exerpt from wikipedia;

Leonotis leonurus, also known as Lion's Tail and Wild Dagga, is a plant species in the Lamiaceae (mint) family. The plant is a broadleaf evergreen large shrub native to South Africa and southern Africa, where it is very common.[1] It is known for its medicinal and mild psychoactive properties

Recreational use

The dried leaves and flowers have a mild calming effect when smoked. In some users, the effects have been noted to be similar to the cannabinoid THC found in Cannabis, except that it is has a much less potent high.[5][unreliable source?] It has also been reported to cause mild euphoria, visual changes, dizziness, nausea, sweating, sedation and lightheadedness. Higher doses may cause heavy sedative effects.[citation needed]
    It is sometimes used as a Cannabis substitute by recreational users looking to evade current laws on cannabis and other psychoactive plants. Leonotis leonorus is not currently scheduled under federal law in the United States. The smoke is reported to have an unpleasant taste and to be an irritant to the lungs and throat.
    The picked and dried leaves are also commonly brewed as a minty tea.
    [​IMG]

---

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Kanna produces a unique worthwhile mild high.

9. Zarnet

Zarnet Guest

Has anyone had any definitive results by smoking the flowers of morning glories? I remember Orison posting a while back that he believed they cause more than placebo, but I don't think many people are interested in the flowers as much as they are the seeds. You might want to try this, as you could grow the plant and use both the seeds and flowers.

10. trickynikki

trickynikki Guest

My absolute favorite is smoking or vaporizing damiana! It is super smooth, tastes great, and is really relaxing. I often mix Damiana and Blue Lotus. Both give a sweet natural high. I quit smoking about 5 years ago and really missed it, but now I use these herbs and I'm totally happy with it. I never smoke tobacco and only smoke ganja occasionally, and when I do I mix it with other herbs. I have zero cravings and also found it reduced my anxiety. Anyways theres lots of information at this sight: www.harmonyherbals.com. You can learn how to make your own blends and also buy the ingredients or pre-blended mixes. Good luck! ~Nikki

11. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

I hear Damiana gives a mild buzz and blue lotus is a sedative. Skullcap is also worth checking out, i tried some once and I defiantly had a little high going. I know you can smoke kava kava extract, kava kava is a lot like alcohol but I feel the effects are a little cleaner and weaker

Are you hell bent on smoking it? Because if your able to try Kratom tea/capsules from the right vendor it is probably the best legal high I've found, but it is NOT smokable.

12. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Sassafrass

13. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Uh dude, acid degrades from heat and light, I doubt that would be worthwhile at all lol.

Damiana is nice, as suggested by others and so is Lion's Tail and Kanna. Lion's tail can give a nasty woozy feeling from too much though. One thing that's bomb is to order some Kanna and Dagga, grind them up, mix it in alcohol, filter/strain, then let it dry into a hashy paste. It's really pungent, but be careful, Kanna contains SSRI inhibitors that shouldn't be mixed with lots of meds. As previously said though, nothing really feels like Cannabinoids than Cannabinoids.

14. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

There are no other smokable herbs that give you an herb like effect (I don't consider Potpourri/Spice/Synthetics to be in this category). I would recommend: Damania, Blue Lotus, Shisha (Addictive), Lions tail, Catnip, Marshmallow (the plant) and even tobacco can relax you. Personally, I cant do tobacco anymore after switching to a GOOD ecig- it just taste like shit. Shisha is probably your best bet- and since the sessions last so long you probably wouldn't be doing it very often.

Now, if your cool with not smoking try making some tea. Kava Kava is a lot like alcohol, Kratom is a very nice buzz but I would look into that before you even try some, Blue Lotus tea is also very relaxing. Oh, and whoever said skullcap was right- that stuff gives you a nice little buzz.

Don't try smoking Kava Kava extract, it taste like burning rubber. And smoking kratom will not do anything.

15. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i have herbal cigs with this! good stuff!

16. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i really love kava and i'm just getting into herbal blend smokes.... love it all!