Will chewing the new OP 80's make it instant release?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by hypernovax, Oct 5, 2011.

1. hypernovax

hypernovax Member

Im sorry im sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find a clear answer, I have a new formula op 80 and I want to break it into 4 IR doses

I chewed up about 1/4 of the pill and it feels like maybe a 7.5 mg percocet :(

How can I make them IR for oral consumption?
    dissolve it in a can of coke?

thanks

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. Morfeen

Morfeen Member

^Pretty much your answer there. I've personally found that chewing them does kind of make them release a little quicker, and makes the bioavailabilty a little higher, but doesn't make them IR. Your best bet is to let them sit for a while in some acidic type liquid like coke or lemon juice. There are ways to defeat the formulation but it's too long to type out. You can just search it up on Yahoo or Ask.com

4. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

It will release the Oxycodone quicker than just taking the pill whole, however, the way it is made, the pill gels up in the stomach so even if chewed, it 're-combines' to an extent in the stomach, releasing the Oxycodone slowly. It is actually a pretty good idea IMO for real pain patients since the old OC wasn't very long lasting in effects. At least the new ones truly offer an extended release mechanism. Of course, you still need some IR meds for break-through pain.

5. SirItchAlot

SirItchAlot Member

Try the ruryk method sometime with the OP's. I swear it works but it is alot of prep work but they become IR.

6. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

chewing works good, mabye you need more since you got the ir tolernace. try half one.one ir 30 is good for me. but i,ll chew 3/4 of an 80.