12 replies to this topic

#1 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 12:14 PM

If anyone has any roofing or roof repair to do--I will talk you thru it on the net or on the phone. I have 44 years experience(yikes!). Joel:sunny:

#2 Giggle Shards HD

Giggle Shards HD

*"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 12:33 PM

the flashing around my chimmney leaks, when it rains hard. i,ve heard yo have to cut a groove into the chim. and piece in your flashing. BUT my place is rented and people before me have tar all over it. the landlord dosent care and i,m not going to redo the flashing( no tools or knowhow). should i put more tar around it?

-~* Support Your Local Drug Dealers *~- (and online ones) CC cards are history.  Before apple pay, there was *BITCOIN*, currency of the darknet..5.7$B market cap What a LSD Boom this year, huh Finally it,s back! RIDE PROUD HARLEY DAVIDSON ,AMERICAN MADE.  Still alive an kicking.

#3 lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia

Banana Hammock

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 02:27 PM

I might be needing your help either before December or after March, depending on the condition of the roof of the house we're moving into...

I know there were some problems in the winter but I think it was ice dams...

#4 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted September 29 2011 - 03:24 PM

Oxy--explain what it looks like around the base of the chimney. Is it a comp shingle roof? Flashing goes tight up the sides, back and front of the chimney and is laid flat on the roof ,one piece for every course(or row)with a 90 degree angle as it is/was laid and counter flashing is installed in the chimney and comes down over the flashing. Counter is laid by the mason and the roofer installs the flashing. Can you send me some pictures or put them up in this thread? I HATE it when an owner calls me to fix a leak and they have slopped tar all over where they think the leak is. I can't put pictures up,but we can work this out. Usually ,the top corner is the first suspect and it only takes a pinhole to make a leak. In which case if I'm not dismantling it,some expensive silicone will seal it.

lovely one--pictures and type of roof would help me to determine what the problem might be.

#5 simmi

simmi

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 12:51 AM

I might be needing your help either before December or after March, depending on the condition of the roof of the house we're moving into...

I know there were some problems in the winter but I think it was ice dams...

Hey what lovely pics nice solution. :sunny:

#6 desert-rat

desert-rat

• PipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 06:25 AM

This thread is about roof repair . Why post a link to a Russian /Ukraine/Belorus , girl site ? Unless this site just looks like a sex site , the girls cum to your house to fix things . I have thin image of this very large Ukraian woman climbing a lader to get on the roof . To prevent problems with O.S.H.A. I will stop with that image .
p.s. there was a post on this thread with a link to a dating site that got removed . So I guess there wont be any very large Ukrain women climbing ladders to fix roofs . I am not quite sure what to do with my mental image .

#7 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 08:12 AM

I could use some help in venting a hood out of the roof so it doesn't leak when I am done. Thanks in advance.
For the most part we can't decide how we die,
But we can decide how we live.

#8 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 08:23 AM

OK. How steep is the roof? How big is the vent and what will it be used for? Comp shingles?

#9 TAZER-69

TAZER-69

Listen To Your Heart!

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'll pm you.
For the most part we can't decide how we die,
But we can decide how we live.

#10 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:46 AM

Fixed.

Edited by scratcho, August 14 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#11 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• PipPipPip
  • 18,747 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:02 AM

No idea man... Looks like he was only here one day back in 2008.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

#12 Logan 5

Logan 5

Confessed gynephile

• PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted August 29 2014 - 05:08 AM

I'm thinking I may have to roof my home.  I get bids and it looks like I'm looking at around $12,000 to have someone else do it.  So I am thinking of doing it myself.  Any advice?

“Becoming a dissident is not something that happens overnight.  You do not simply decide to become one.  It is a long chain of steps and acts.  And very often during this process, you do not really reflect upon what is happening...You don’t want to become involved with the dirt that is around you and one day, all of a sudden you wake up and realize that you are a dissident, that you are a human rights activist.” – Vaclav Havel, former Czech President (1993-2003) & activist

We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail.  He can be caught.  He can be killed and forgotten.

But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world.

"...You can't build a dream, without a plan...." -- Jefferson Starship ("It's Not Over", "No Protection" Album, 1987)

#13 Pukuphp47

Pukuphp47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationЧебаркуль

Posted March 27 2016 - 05:32 PM

its crazy how much the price has come down. I have a couple but Im thinking my 8Gb will be enough.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop