dont blame ISLAM.hatered starts at home.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by mr_fark_q, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

The Boston bombers were not in an Islamic state; they were mostly radicalized on the Internet; through their own searching, intentions.

2. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

It's still politics.

Think about it this way. If you believe in a creator that created literally everything. Then why would that creator ask you to kill in its name?

Killing in the name of God makes no logical sense at all. God does not create just so he could watch those creations destroy each other.

And since God created the entire universe with a simple thought... I would imagine that killing a few people would be even easier. So if God really wanted someone dead I'm sure he would be a lot more efficient about it instead of sending backpacks with bombs.

3. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I didn't get a chance to respond to this post because I was too busy having an angry, knee jerk reaction to Orison319's post, but I wanted to get to what you said...

It's good that your conversion makes you feel good. More power to you. If it gives you any amount of comfort in life, then that's all that matters. I actually sort of envy that. I'm an atheist, and I can't really bring myself to believe in a higher power.

But I'm curious - how is it that you feel that Islam as a whole has been treated unfairly? There are a lot of horrible elements of your religion, as there are with every religion, but the horrible elements of Christianity for example tend to just scream at people for being 'immoral' or whatever. The horrible elements of Islam are governments that execute homosexuals, rape victims and apostates. Theo Van Gogh was murdered broad daylight for making a documentary that put Islam in a negative light. A newspaper office was bombed for printing a picture of Mohammed. A comic artist has to be in hiding for the rest of her life for starting Draw a Picture of Mohammed Day in response to that. That's all pretty fucked up.

I don't think that all Islam is like this, but the problem is that very few Muslims are willing or able to say "Yeah, that's fucked up, those assholes need to stop doing that to people."

I just hear a bunch of excuses about Israel, American foreign policy, that they're acting in self defense (by putting a bomb next to a child or putting an explosive vest on a developmentally impared person and sending them into a crowded Israeli market or some other heinous, indefensible act like that) Christian behavior in the Crusades, which happened what, over half a millennium ago? Even some statements about how you shouldn't be allowed to insult someone else's religion, which is probably the one that annoys me the most.

If people are afraid to talk shit about your religion because they're worried for their safety and the safety of their families, then your religion has a lot of very serious problems with it.

I'd really like to see more Muslims speak up and say that the behavior of the fundamentalists shouldn't be tolerated. I know a lot of Muslims feel that way, but they don't speak up about it for one reason or another.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

And then there's the crusades ....

Religious fanatics are all the same. If you absolutely need to live by unverifiable cryptic old texts, do so peacefully and privately and leave everybody else the fuck alone.

5. Resistance isn't futile

(( Excuse me if I write Allah instead of just God . It's not to insult anyone or claim superiority. It just makes me feel good to write Allah.))

The catholic church launched the crusades and when confronted with a signed peace treaty negotiated by saint Francis of Assisi that pretty much gave them everything they wanted and more. They rejected it and said that the Holy Mother church proclaimed killing a muslim was a noble act.

Hitler's religious beliefs and fanaticism (quotes from Mein Kampf)
    Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord..

George Bush jr. "God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did"

The above all have the same thing in common. It was men commiting atrocities against other men. Allah doesn't need to commit atrocities and Allah doesn't need anyone's help. Least of all Hilter, George Bush, the holy Catholic Church, Osama Bin, etc. This force that I refer to as Allah (God) is so powerful and absolute that whatever it desires simply happens. Therefore anyone claiming to be speaking on behalf of God or scripture that says harm another is a liar.

Therefore when you glimpse the concept of how absolutely powerful Allah (God) is. The question stops being why does Allah want men to kill and hurt.... But instead why does Allah allow such men to rise to power so that they can kill, hurt and commit attrocities.

Unfortunately I don't have the answer to that question.
    Please forgive me I'm still very new to all this.

The sad fact is that there are men in this world that suffer from a sickness of extreme greed and lust for power. And that there are nieve people that want to praise Allah (God) so much that in their innocence allow themselves to be swindled.

These men are con artists and they take a sacred text (which can be of any religion) and cherry pick quotes that support their arguments and further their goals.

We've seen this happen in such things as the Jonestown massacre, Charles Manson claiming to be Jesus and even David Koresh. And the only difference between these men and men like Hitler and Osama is the scale of which they're able to perpertrate their con job.

Sadly....

• There are people who for some reason or another don't know any better.
    • There are also those that are are desperately looking for meaning in their lives.
    • There are those are in such a pitable state that their daily lives are filled with hell.
    For them a man claiming to have some sort of truth and to be able to speak on behalf of Allah (God) appears to be a life line that they so desperately need.

And oh yes....
    There are finally those that also extremly greedy and lust for power. For them they see opportunity by aiding and helping this pack of liars.

Finally the muslim faith is not just the Quran. It is also the Torah, the Book of Psalms and the holy Gospel of Jesus.

We also believe in every single prophet the christians believe in; including the immaculate conception of Jesus. The only difference is we say Mohamed is the last prophet and there will be no more. And that Jesus was not God but just another prophet. ((Peace be upon all the prophets))

Thank you for the sincere questions. I truely enjoyed answering them.

PS.
    I'm not here to convert anyone or tell anyone what they should or shouldn't believe or how they should live. My coming to Islam came so abruptly and unexpectedly that I know that there's no way to convience some of the existance of Allah (God). And equally there's no way you can make yourself believe. The only thing that can make anyone believe in Allah(God) is Allah(God)

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't agree with the rule of "no pictures of Mohammed"; that just goes against freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and art.... telling me not to draw it makes me what to draw it more, and I should have every right.

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I think we are all pretty clear on what the word Allah means.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Allah is not Gods personal name, its just another word for god. So if you really want to address Allah, maybe call on him by his personal name "Jehovah"..

got 99 problems but a bitch aint one..

9. Resistance isn't futile

I'm a new muslim and I haven't had a chance to verify that this source is a good one to respond to your comments.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/pictures.html

Numerous passages in the Qur’an prohibit idolatry, and worshipping statues or pictures, but there is not even single verse in the Qur’an that explicitly or implicitly says not to have any pictures of Muhammad. This bears repeating: There is not a single verse in the Qur’an that prohibits making or having pictures of Muhammad or people or animals or trees. In fact, there are some verses in the Qur’an which mention images in a positive context and which therefore presuppose that some statues or images were approved by God, see the article Muhammad and Images.

Also: http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Inconsistent/images.html

The Holy Bible, God’s true Word, as well as the Quran permit the fashioning of images, provided that these objects are not worshiped or venerated:

10. roman bank

roman bank Member

most people know right from wrong, some people don`t, that`s what is wrong with the world, the problem is how to teach the greedy bastard`s

11. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I dunno I don't like people thinking it's ok to try to force their faith on me by saying I can't do or say certain things either I will draw Mahamed and I will say yahweh I will drink on Sunday I will eat pork I will eat beef I will kill bugs I will paint with some of the colors of the wind but not all and I will worship what ever golden cow I damn well please !!!!

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

+rep......:2thumbsup:

Cheers Glen.

13. dark suger

Thank u glen glen

14. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I gave you rep as well; the message you're trying to get across is well put.

15. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I gave you a +1 rep as well. I agree with you wholeheartedly here.

16. dark suger

I was worried it was too harsh but I tried to include everyone to make the point