slowing down drying

Discussion in 'Processing Marijuana' started by mikeyman, Aug 18, 2011.

1. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

hi guys
    how can i slow down the drying process when curing my stuff:sultan:

2. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

ill turn the fan off and try that thanks

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

sorry, there may be to many different sections to post around here. unfortunate you chose the post in correct section, one dealing with the situation and nobody really seen it....

Cant really tell, how much weed you have, and where your doing it. hanging sometimes over dries, and laying them out may cause mold.

you are just going to have to figure out whats best for you..

4. walsh

walsh Senior Member

I'd personally leave it on, just not directly on the plants. You're in more danger of mold than plants that have dried too fast, which at least can still be used.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

put a cloth over it or a sheet

6. Chronologic

Chronologic Member

Hanging the whole plant / drying the whole plant instead of cutting buds off and drying them like that will keep the curing process going longer, but like everyone else has said, mold is a bitch.

7. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

thats a good idea i might try that

8. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Dry on the stems till slightly dry to the touch, trim flowers off stems and fill 1/2 gal mason jars 1/2 full, opening periodically. Get a hygrometer to monitor humidity, lowering it little by little till you get about 60% and then let them cure for a few weeks in the jars.

9. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

whats a good hydrometer to get ?:sultan:thanks

10. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

I use this one...
    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Humidor-CALIBER3-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B0007W1EA6"]Amazon.com: Caliber III Thermometer Hygrometer: Home & Garden

Pretty hard to beat for the money, and it gets close enough.

The best thing you can do is curing. You can grow great bud, but curing makes it smoke great. :sunny:

11. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

wow thanks i'm gunna get one ...so 60% is what i need:bobby:

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Well, IMO yes around 60%-ish. There are other opinions. You've probably had enough smoke to know what a nice moisture content is in good bud. For me that equates to roughly 60% on that hygrometer. I'm sure googling "curing marijuana" would yield good tips. I've found mason jars (like you find in stores) work really well and letting the buds sit in a jar for at least a couple weeks after they hit about 60 yields a much smoother smoke.
    If what I wrote above doesnt make sense I'll try in more detail but I think you got the idea. Enjoy!

13. TheMistress

TheMistress Senior Member

if your weed is coming out too dry you can save it by putting it in a brown paper bag and throwing in some fresh buds (2 or 3 large ones) and letting it cure all together. just take out the fresh buds when ur happy with it.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

why buy a hygro ripoff meter when a real stoner can feel a bud and know immediately if its dry,wet,fozen,,,whatever....anything you can buy at a marijuana based grow store is overpriced and a RIP....

15. mikeyman

mikeyman Member

thanks guys some good tips:sunny:

16. JamesBond007

JamesBond007 Guest

Just watch out for the dreaded mold.

17. pipesdaddy

pipesdaddy Member

It really depends. You have to really choose which method is best for you. Anyway, thanks for all the information.