Should HipForums Provide A Connection to Facebook?

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

you can log in with aol/aim.. :p the original FB.. :leaving:

2. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I use both, but I wouldn't link the two... I don't give a shit who knows my facebook account, it's pretty easy to find... There are people on my facebook however, that I wouldn't even want around here let alone connecting the two.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

legalize cannabis and I wouldnt give a fuck either way.. hows that!!

4. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I hear ya! It's the fact that people who have been marginalized by society who might be involved in radical politics or growing cannabis who feel the need to remain anonymous in the face of Big Brother growing Bigger every day. It's about PRIVACY, something we have always respected around here.

Well I thank all of you (well most of you) for expressing your opinions on this matter. It's far more lopsided than I imagined. Last time I looked there's not one vote to link up to facebook.

That's perfectly fine with me as I've always thought linking up to facebook would mean death to any website that does it. Have you noticed how corporations who linked to facebook, now have to also have Facebook pages for their businesses, because their own websites have lost traffic to FB.

So don't worry, we aren't going to link there. Since I never visit facebook, I can't understand what all the fuss is about, even though ppl have said they like this or that feature. FB is only now catching up to the features we have had here for years.

I was just thinking that maybe there were a bunch of ppl here who wanted their posts to be on their FB wall.

Of course at NO TIME was any of this going to be mandatory for any members here. It was always OPT-IN, but I think some of you didn't get that.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

its true though.. I have to live my life in secret as a cannabis grower. something wrong with the rest of society.. :(

Funny though, cause I dont hide myself, or face on a crossdressing board.. ha. :gorgeous: and there are plenty on there in hiding.. :(

Im still in the closet with the cannabis though..[​IMG]

6. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i constructed a post about poo yesterday.

poo.

think about that for a second.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Put a facebook app on here and in three years have an outdated app on this site.

8. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

Please don't Skip, please. Considering the amount of threads you and others post about how fucked up Facebook is, I think it is in everyone's best interest that this does NOT happen.

Please and thank you

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I’m on Facebook along with Hip – I use it as a bit of a wind down and it is useful for finding people one has lost touch with - (especially those pesky women who change their names) and handy for quick messaging -(it tends to be easier than email) but "Open to all”?
    It is a nice idea to make Hip more Universal and spreading the faith is something that I promote, however, I came on this site because the particular topics and themes have a degree more maturity about them. I feel free to express on any subject be it Sex, Drugs R+R, whereas on FB I feel that I have to ever so cautious.
    Hip is for those with conviction - FB is a social gossiping arena – a link would I think dilute the message’
    Hip is accessible for those willing to make an effort, but universal access available to all? Hmm - on the whole it’s got to be No

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

somebody made a hipforum facebook page/group...I found it once (too lazy to find it again)

11. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

12. skip

:2thumbsup:

You mean we actually have FANS on FB??!! :mickey:

OK, I'm gonna drop down on my knees and pray to the God of FB, Zuckerberg and beg him to partner with us now... ;)

BTW, that FB page was not put up by us. Not sure who did it. Don't care anyway, so long as they don't defame us.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

captain bannabis probably created it..

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

there was a different one...it had people on it or friends whatever they call them

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

must have fB account to view..

18. LittleKitty

LittleKitty Member

amen.

I think that connecting this place to facebook would be an astronomical mistake.

19. skip

Oh, that's just one of dozens of scammy websites trying to draw our webtraffic into their unrelated bullshit.

Funny thing is I've had to have HVAC services out to my place six times this year! Sick of having the heater fucked over - their negligence caused it to catch fire.

20. skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.