The Rainbow Gathering in 2012 will be in.....

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by A Girl Named Sandoz, Jul 17, 2011.

1. patfromlogan

patfromlogan Member

I'd go South if I had my druthers. The Arkansas Gathering was great, though carrying home ticks on the dog... blech, is there anything more gross than a big green swollen tick? Anyhow, now I'm a rather straight looking 61 year old and when Hipper Than Thou types start on about Rainbow ways and Rainbow traditions I let 'em know I was one of the few thousand who tried to brave it in AR, but in fear from the thunder and downpours of hard heavy rain until Naked Hippy Hugs ran up let me know that I'd probably survive!
    What do you know, we made it!

The high mt rockies are great, Utah, CO Wy etc, but every 4 years or so I think the South is good to visit. Also Paisley is from Geo, along with some other folks who haven't ever been near a Gathering. Well I looked at Rich In Spirit's page (http://www.keywestgallery.com/Pages/Performers/InSpiritpages/bophotos.html) and Gathering was in Georgia back in '93.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

all gatherings are on national forest, I think

3. merlinclark

merlinclark Member

There has never been an annual gathering in georgia. Perhaps u meant that there was a regional there in '93.

4. luvione

luvione Member

UNTIL SPRING COUNCIL NEXT YEAR NOONE KNOWS EXACTLY WHERE IT WILL BE!!!

Believe no RUMORS,,, until then, there are more than one state to be scouted.

PEACE!!!!

5. M3z!

M3z! Member

where can I get more info on this?

6. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Follow the links: www.flrainbow.org also has links for many rainbo related things.

7. MBZ

MBZ Member

Any Australian Rainbows?

8. 2ndGenHippie

2ndGenHippie Guest

I'm so excited!!! Can't wait for the 2012 gathering! I definitely plan on attending:)

9. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I'm awfully excited, I keep hearing such great things at these gatherings and it looks like I can go to the 2012 gathering! Havin' it on the east coast sure helps me, & whether it's north or south, I gotta a home close by to each!
    Yay!

10. Danili

Danili Guest

Never seen or heard about rainbow famaly or gathering but the name of the event and if its like it sounds I need to join and start it up in Denmark way too sweet

11. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Danili, Come see one in America if possible. Famlies been gathering each year since the early 70's. It will blow your mind. They have them in Europe too. Search Rainbow Family and you'll see. My first gathering was in Kentucky. I hope this year they choose Kentucky. Danial Boone National Forest is awesome. Lots of Gorge's, hiking, Natural sandstone bridges, caves, repelling cliffs off Chimney rock or Half Moon. Indian staircase. Old growth forests and vegetation is amazing. :sunny:

12. izzy_mae2327

izzy_mae2327 Guest

I say North Carolina, It is SOOO beautiful there in the national forests the mountains and lakes and rivers! So pretty and peaceful!

13. Héroïne

Héroïne Guest

Yes Indydude, the most beautiful and powerful rainbow gatherings I lived were in america. And also in Italy some years ago. Now everywhere I go in Europe, I just can't face anymore the smoke and dark people that had heard about rainbow gatherings on facebook and does not even come with some colors on them...
    I am so so so thanksfull for what I could leave in USA, also in Quebec, spain, Italy, India, Australia, and also Gremany. I just noticed that all of that, it was 10 years ago. I wonder what destroyed the purity of the rainbow gatherings, in Europe, in 10 years...
    It is as if the advices of the elders are seen like a babylone repression, and they are not aware that they are bringing their babylone repression with their Black shirt, smoke blowing in your face, eating for free without circeling, singing, even smiling, far far from huging... bouh, sad in a way but...

14. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

im soooo excited! i've never been before :)

15. aquarius_kat

aquarius_kat Guest

I've never been before... I hope it's in North Carolina, the Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, plus it's closer to me :)

16. linden

linden Guest

so what month? and which days is it normally?

17. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

Ive never been before, if its in North Carolina I will definitely consider going.

18. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

NC! NC! NC! look at all of us lovely carolinians with our fingers crossed hoping it's in NC

19. Héroïne

Héroïne Guest

So sisters, prepare your colorful clothes, flowers in the hair, ruban, musical instruments, wings of angel or faery, rehearse the hippy and rainbow songs to sing around the fire, and : contact the real elders to understand really, what rainbow gatherings are about !

Om shanti shanti, yeaheheheh
    and
    WELCOME HOOOOOOOOOME !

20. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

Goodness how I'd be thrilled to attend this year's Gathering and do a thumbprint :sunny: