What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont know that much about putin. I do know he jailed a band for 2 years for speaking out against him. Thats enough for me to know i wouldnt want to live in russia or have him as my leader.

Seems like an interesting place though, would love to visit and meet the people, experience the culture

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

and what would you think of putin if that demonstration had happened at your church?

you do know they were arrested for how they did it (location) and not necessarily what their message was right?..its not like it was in a park or a sidewalk..it was a well known orthodox church

you'd have to go way into an old game thread called something like "make up an insult to the poster above" ...she always conveniently leaves that fact out...

1 person likes this.
  3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Look, at the risk of going off topic again...I do not want to fight with you. I was raw when you said that and still am, so what difference does it make where and why you said it. You can say anything you want to about me, but please leave my mom, brother out of it...as I see red ...I am protective of those I love. I always liked you and found your posts funny most times...and gave you tons of likes and still do. I do not want to war with you. I am not here to fight with anyone. I am sorry to bring it up again.....and won't again. I will try to only talk about my own feelings about anything from now on and nothing personal to anyone......

and most upsetting to me right now is Pruitt and the trump Presidency and anything that helped him win the presidency...worst ever, imo....and Putin was part of that and getting him elected....so I dislike Putin immensely...nothing against Russia, or the Russians..

For those who like him.....that is your right, but it is also my right not to.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

is twobits pronounced "two bits" or like hobbits, but "towbbits"? :)

5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

And is One Bit less than Two bit ? Or perhaps more

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The only time I think I've heard it was in a derogatory vocation like "you no good two bit bastard".

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No i didnt know much about it. Just did a bit of reading, they served two years on the charge of "hooliganism," whatever that means. 2 years is way harsh, commubuty service and a small fine would have been a reasonable pubisgment for what they did. But thats probably more the fault of russian law rather than Putin

I still dont really care for him, in general i dont care for authoritarian leaders

8. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

That is not entirely true. I watched a documentary on this punk band... one of the girls served nothing and the other one did time for I think enciting riots and turning people against the government. Who ever said you were free to talk of killing people? They took camera crews to where she lived for two years ... and I got the feeling that it was all bs. Russian government would never allow cameras into where she served her two years, or claims she did..,. She showed a dirty sink in Syria, where she supposedly lived in rags. Looked like ruins.

In Canada it is illegal to utter death threats, even if it is in song. Especially when targeting someone. Basically what they did was called guerrilla theatre. Kill the sexist Was about putin and called for him to be killed. Lucky for them stalin was not in power.

Also they went out of their way to disrupt churches as they made their video about killing putin.. Hooliganism, I m pretty sure is not a Russian term, nor a charge there.

Not my place to dictate punishments for their laws either or what I deem just. They knew the laws and knew consequences of them in Russia. They wanted publicity.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

For me, it's hard to separate the man from the propaganda. I would conclude that he is dangerous.

1 person likes this.
  10. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

You know I have not really seen any propaganda for him. I have only heard people talk negatively but I have not seen any Russian propaganda... ???? Perhaps the negative image of him is propaganda

I have seen Trudeau propaganda and Obama propoganda ... etc...

Proganda can be negative too if it promotes a point of view... so negative info about someone could be propoganda too if it misleads.

wouldn't want him to rule my country, judging by what I have heard, maybe it is just rumour? but I would not doubt that Canada has a pm who would like to do business with him.

11. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

[​IMG]

Hahaha! Am I reading BBAD trying to defend the imprisonment of pussy riot?! LOLLOLOLL!!!

Fuck! Stay on topic my little Putinschkyas! :D

12. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

14. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Wait.. this one's better :D

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

16. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

A shitty little triptych:

[​IMG]

I guess you could say I don't have a particularly high opinion of these personages.

17. Scratched

Scratched Members

He's ex-KGB. And he looks like my ex-boss.
    Enough to make me not care.

18. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

Well you see? That is propoganda that you choose to listen to.

19. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

No, it's proper propagonda from rasputable sauces. He actually was kgb, despite the ongoing fakitude of all news everywhere forubermore. And as for him looking like Scratched's ex-boss, whilst certainly a matter of opinion (sshhhhh! ), it's also a fucking fact! Humanity is that intractable! It resembles itself to the last ( putting aside of course the extremely remote possibility that Putin is a reptilian shapeshifter. ) Love me tender with a hammer and sickle!

1 person likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

rasputable sources you say? sounds rasputable.