What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

A pantheist. With a belief in an afterlife, and possibly reincarnation until infinite afterlife. Or maybe reincarnation for eternity lol

I also try to find the positive message in all organized religions as well, my favorite being Buddhism.

I also value the discoveries of science, but acknowledge our current limitations in using the scientific method on religious and spiritual topics

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Religious science. :rofl: that's a good one.

3. Dezileu

Dezileu Members

Im an atheist. To address the question of whether or not intuition is mathematics, your mind, if you are intuitive, better computates the potential variables in a situation and gives you a thusly intuitive edge. You brain does the job subconsciously of putting together the details of a person or situation and removing illogical impressions. Someone who is intuitive feels and interprets body language, things said currently and in the past, biological signs of emotions, and probably also the vibrations given off my a person (which is natural and somewhat measurable) and forms a more complete but intuitive picture of a situation. I'm almost certain that each of he subconscious variables and calculations could be translated mathematically, if an intuitive person had the desire and ability to somehow comprehend every single click of a highly analytical and intuitive mind process.

1 person likes this.
  4. gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident Members

I'm a magical atheist.

5. gentle_dissident

gentle_dissident Members

That golden rule backfires if you're a masochist or want to blow yourself up.

6. Bud D

Bud D Member

Deep. I tend to enjoy the theologies that say we can't really fix the machine that we are. Existing in a broken machine, the world and the self in the world that's broken and pretending to function up to standards.

It probably be a lot easier if we did exist prehistorically. History tends to screw us!

I sorta believe that everything that happens externally is my subconscious playing itself out. With experience I hope to gain resolve but it looks like many more lifetimes.

7. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I believe there is merit and wisdom in all religions. Paganism definitely included, in all its forms.
    Even Radical Islam, as it teaches the rest of us what not to be, and why.

8. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

I dig Yeshua Ben Yosef but I dont fall under any religion. I spent alot of time on a few different ones because it's neat to know and learn different things, its important to be open and understanding and with each one I took what worked for me and left what I didn't. All in all it was a positive experience each time. I appreciate what the faith in something does for people, the positivity is there, if it helps you better your situation then I can get behind that but its all the negative that takes away from it for me.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Well Said........ :)

Cheers Glen.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Radical islam doesn't teach us anything.
    We know what not to be because we have common sense and are sensible people with empathy.
    This islall stuff we already know even without radical islam.

11. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

It teaches us to be on our toes in the face of false prophets, how quickly disillusioned people will jump ship, forgetting all they know and join up with Satan's group, thinking
    they are doing the right thing. It reminds us of what can go wrong, will occasionally go wrong and that it cannot be ignored, rather it must be confronted head-on and annihilated.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I follow that one God that is the real one.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol like islam is the only religion with a radical aspect/bunch of followers!

It seems to me it's not the religion that is radical or not but the followers that make it so. Example. To me not eating any pork sounds radical enough but it is generally considered an accepted thing for jewish religious folks. Even by a lot of other people, because hey their loss and they're not hurting anyone else with it. Now, if some religious jews would bully and try to opress all people who eat pork there would certainly be people now perceiving the jewish religion as radical, while nothing in the religion itself has changed: just the behaviour of certain followers of that religion.

14. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe there are big friendly mostly harmless invisible things no one knows anything about who aren't at war with each other or anything else.
    that the universal wonder of strangeness, is not entirely subjective, but not directly related to any name brand of belief either.
    by big i mean powerful in god-like ways, but i don't believe the universe was deliberately created. life i don't claim to know how it started.
    only that it has to have done so independently on every world on which it has.
    that we live in a statistical universe of greater diversity then we have even begun to imagine, and that our earth and our species on it,
    are no more to the rest of the universe, then one grain of sand among more then can be counted of them.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I forgot about pantheism, i guess that most aligns with my beliefs

I also believe in those big friendly mostly harmless invisible things themnax mentioned above. I saw thm once on a shroom trip. I havent tripped shrooms in a long time, my mind is very much grounded in reality now, maybe even a little too much...and yet i am still positive those beings i saw are real..

Also, just got a feeling of deja vu, i've probably made this post before.

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I believe in God.

I believe the veil between this plane/side and the other side, where we are not held by flesh is very very thin...and that it is thinner in some places than others.

I believe there are angels.

I believe there are other beings and perhaps (most probably) deities and planes of existence, parallel planes... in fact God never said there were not "other gods"...He said don't worship them. I'm just acknowledging they are there.

I believe there are earth bound spirits that for whatever reason can't find their way away, and then there are those that just pop in and out at will. Sometimes we weak humans just need that passed person's love or whatever so bad, and they can be here for a moment.

I believe in prayer. Lots of times the answer is no...but there is always an answer. He also listens to petitions. (Anyone reading this and wondering wth can look it up). I also believe that He isn't going to condemn me because I sometimes have a potty mouth.

Finally...I believe my best friend that absolutely does not go around telling this (that I'm going to tell) ... Some background: This is a woman very grounded in reality, not prone to flights of fancy nor does she "do drugs"... When her late husband had cancer and was in hospice, she knew time was short and was in the bed with him. They lived with his cancer for 18 months, so I want it understood that this wasn't taking her by surprise and she wasn't expecting last minute "miracles", so to say. Both of them were as at peace with this as anyone can be. At any rate, he took his last breath in her arms. She happened to look up, toward the ceiling and saw a large angel leaning down, through the ceiling. She did not see her husband's soul "rise"...but she said she didn't need to... seeing the angel was enough.

1 person likes this.
  18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I lack Religious Belief.

I'm content to identify as an Atheist, but probably more appropriately would consider myself Agnostic Atheist.

1 person likes this.
  19. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

i am buddist and my new boyfriend is catholic so i pray to budda and god now. very confusing.

20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I worship the true god Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ who came to Earth as Redeemer for our sins

21. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

your opinion only everyone has freedom to choose religious belief. i you bet usa white trump guy

22. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sub Genius
    http://youtu.be/Qt9MP70ODNw​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.