Plantar fasciitis

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Jun 20, 2011.

1. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

Has anyone who makes it a practice to go barefoot on a regular basis had problems with Plantar fasciitis? I got it the beginning of June and one of the factors that can cause it is going barefoot. Other factors are sudden weight gain, shoes with not enough support and flat feet or high arches. One podiatrist has said he can bind it and I'll be geared to go in four weeks time. My own research has lead me to believe the recovery time is more like six months to two years. Needless to say all signs are pointing to a summer on the disabled list.:(

2. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

is that severe ? once I had symptoms of that but the pain, a modest pain in my case, vanished in two weeks with no treatment and never came back. i wish you the same luck.

3. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

Initially the pain was fairly modest also. I had this one particular pair of dress shoes that are black and when I'd take them off my arch would throb for a few minutes and then subside. Unfortunately now I'm walking on the outside of my right foot and limping severely. Going barefoot is only comfortable for my left foot because that's the one that's functioning normally.