my future is f'cked.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by fancysocks, Jun 17, 2011.

1. fancysocks

fancysocks Guest

Yeah, well I just hopped across the country and back and it was very theraupatic. My minds much more relaxed now.. and I'm going back to school.. so I'm fucked but least I'm happy. (the end?)

2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Live with your mom, go to trade school.
    Train to be an LPN. Take out a loan.
    After a year you'll be completely certified, will be making around 35K a year in one of the fastest growing industries in the nation. Employers will compete for your labor.
    Go to the city of your choosing, and work while you study what you really want to do.

3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Damn straight, just figured I'd let him see too as it doesnt sound to be a real crux point for him just yet and it might provide some amusing filler for him while he sorts out "what he wants ta be when he growd up n' shit".

Yea, sub zero in march kinda sucks dont it? Not even August and I'm already thinking of heading south.

4. lithium

lithium frogboy

If all else fails there's prostitution?

5. iamwhatiam84

iamwhatiam84 Banned

one thing i've learned is that a situation that at the time seems real shitty, can actually be a positive thing. aka: a blessing in disguise. you're at a fork in the road of your life...i say take the road less traveled. live a kind of a life, that if someone made a movie about - people would want to watch it. ------
    ----

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

hi

I am a high school drop out.
    life is like a roller coaster ride. sometimes you are down sometimes you are up. i wanted to do exacly what you want to do. i wanted to join a group of people in hope that they will help me. All i had to do was work and believe in what they believe. But i was too lazy. Now im sitting at home, in my parents house. but things will get better. goind down is easy. going up is hard. but you will go up. everyone goes up once in a while. To be honest is think the meaning of my life is to stop that fucking roller coaster. That is the only meaning my life has right now. im hoping it will stop while im up, but of course it could stop while im down. i dont know. im just hoping for the best. But there is one thing im afraid of. Will i die when i stop the ride?

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I think 19 is far too early to worry that your future is fucked. Damn, I was 19 before my parents finally kicked my ass and MADE me get a job. I've been working in the same fast food restaurant since I was 19 years old. That would make it 5 years exactly in one week. And you know a secret? It's had its ups and downs, but after that long, I make more money than a lot of my friends with college degrees. I live on my own, pay my own bills, live pretty much independently (my boyfriend inherited a house, which would be the only thing I might consider being a little dependent). Anyway, my advice isn't quit school again and get a job in the food industry, I'm basically just trying to tell you, it all works out with time. Do I want to do what I'm doing forever? Hell no, I'm just 24, I've got like 40-50 more work years before retirement's even in the question. My point is, when you're young, life's still long, and you still have a lot of time before you can determine your future is "fucked." Only you have the power to change the outcomes of your situations, and there are a million ways out of that rut.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no. get to where there is no one you know to interfere with your doing so, so that you can redefine yourself. create yourself in the image in which you wanted and were inteded to be created.

then with a self you can believe in, no longer having to run at all.

this is what i have done more then once in my life. and having to leave everything i ever had or knew behind in order to do so, was still worth doing it.

9. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

I suggest hitchhiking. Only if its the last resort, i would hate leaving my mother, but thats your choice. If life is telling you to start a new journey then do so with no regrets.

10. War John

War John Member

The future is in your hands.