my future is f'cked.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by fancysocks, Jun 17, 2011.

1. fancysocks

fancysocks Guest

Tomorrah is my last day of work... I will be unemployed. I'm nineteen and I'm a college dropout livin' with my mum..

I'm running away next week. hitchhiking to the rainbow gathering n'tnls, then who knows? Thinking about using couchsurfers around the area, trying to locate a job.

I've never been homeless before.. only ever hitchhiked to manitowoc, 45 miles away from where I live.

could it be worse? (probably, but still...)

has anyone else done this before?? I need advice! or a good slap in the face. whack!!

2. fancysocks

fancysocks Guest

also, I do have money saved up to last me through a couple months at least. I'll probably dumpster-dive for most of my meals.

3. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

Stay with your mum.
    That's about the best thing you can do.

With the money you saved up, hold onto it - you might need it when you least expect.

4. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Check and see if any traveling carnivals are hiring.

5. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

If i was you, i'd keep my cash, stay with family get back in school. And go to thr gathering for sure.

6. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

Do what any man should do in this situation.
    BECOME A GOD!

Just lose yourself.... follow something and never let go until you have it.
    GRAB LIFE BY THE BALLS!

7. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

why are you running away? find a new job. Start over, go to a community college.

Everything will be okay, I wish i was there to slap you in your face.

But seriously don't runaway!

8. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

you cannot run from your problems. problems need solutions - remember, nothing in life worth having comes easy.

9. broony

broony Banned

Lots of people your age move back with your parents more than once. If you two get along and she is ok with it then i would stay with her. As much as you probably want to be on your own but can't financially thats ok, get on your feet at home. A lot of people don't have the option to stay with someone they know to get them going again. So be fortunate for that. It sounds like home is not a bad place because you never mentioned it being a bad place. Save some money and when its right leave. Don't become homeless you will regret it later, i can guarantee you that much. Go ask a homeless person what you should do and if you should join them on the streets, i bet you they will tell you to go home.

10. VividStatic

VividStatic Member

11. VividStatic

VividStatic Member

Dude I have been homeless countless times starting when i was 16 from an abusive father. I Earned everything I have, which is nothing. But sometimes, nothing is better than a lot. It's how you feel on the inside that makes you decide. It is not all bad out there on your own, in the streets its nasty but in the wilderness, it's bliss. Show your parents what your capable of ! I am serious. ( well if you have any kind of experience on how to live in the wilderness )

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’m guessing he saw Man VS Wild once or twice [​IMG]

Seriously though he should stay right where he is within the outstretched arms of his mother close to her bosom, where he can feel safe until he's mature enough to go off on his own.

Hotwater

13. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Hotwater, stay home, go to a vocational school, find a field of work you are interested in. The medical field is limitless, with all of us ageing boomers....
    Don't be in such a rush, slow down and look at options....:)

14. Blue Monday

Blue Monday Visitor

I agree with farmout. It's okay to be lost in life, especially when you're young. I think everybody feels like that at some stage.

You'll find what you're looking for, even if you don't know what it is yet.

15. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Your future is what you make of it. You can make it chicken salad or chicken shit. Do leave home! You have a lot of options but running away isn't the best one. Good Luck to you.

16. fancysocks

fancysocks Guest

Ahahah, I haven't been on here a while, I just got over a freak illness and stuff. But I'll update you guys.

I'm hitching to the rainbow, then coming home (my mother's place) I guess. Then moving outta town with some friends... OR... I want to find commune work. I've always wanted to learn farming techniques and stuff, growing up in a kinda urban enviroment it'd be soooo cool.

And I'm a girl jsyk. Hahah. Maybe I'll become a goddess.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

So run away from your problems.... and then what? keep running for ever?

A commune or something is great, if you have an education and the ability to fall back on "the system" if you need. But depending on room and board in exchange for harvesting squash your whole life is a real great way to be homeless, and not "oh, I think I'll go to rainbow" homeless, but rather, the nothing but the shirt on your back, wrong side of the country, haven't eaten in 3 days, no money and no way to get home to family type of homeless.

Go to rainbow, go home, live with your mom, save your money and help with the bills and food when you can, go back to school and get a degree in something you like. It doesn't matter what, don't go get a business degree because it's "marketable" if you hate that shit, go study archaeology, or art, or biology, or music, or whatever floats your boat. In a VERY large number of jobs that require a degree, they don't give a flying fuck what it's in, it's just to prove that you can buckle down, and that you have the ability to learn shit.

But maybe you shouldn't be proving you can buckle down, if you can't..... Go pick squash until your commune implodes, I guess?

18. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I spent at least 18 months of my teenage life homeless in periods from 3 to 6 months long at a time.

I sucked at it. I wanted to make it to Cali because I heard they had group homes n stuff for homeless kids.

I never made it far out of the Chicago burbs where I started.

I was ALONE with my SPINE CLENCHED in the dead of winter...

If you've been working you might have enough to get away... I had dirt

19. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Haha! When I was a kid I thought carnies were my people, but they changed as I got older.

20. deadboy.

deadboy. Member

You're fucked. Ive got a gun if you want to come take care of business here.

Naw...really tho, man, youre not. finish school. Stay with your mom. When you finish, look for a job and get that shit together. Its easy to get discouraged and feel like youre always going to be in a shit hole. But you won't. Not as long as you make a little effort.