why are jewish people calling jew a race?? it is a religion

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by Rugor, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

I noticed that some jewish people when asked their race, they reply saying that they are a jew. I am like huh? jew is a religion not a race. you could be a black man from africa and decide to follow the jewish religion but that black man is a african not a jew.

if you are from Israel then you are israelian not jewish.

edit:

nevermind sorry did not mean to offend if I did.

It is both. in 1980 the supreme court ruled jewish as a race.

but in school I was taught by my history teacher seriously that is was only a religion and to me it made sense. so I just had a random thought about recently and decided to make this thread to discuss.

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

that is where I got my info from.

from the website article above

ARE JEWS A RACE?( I did not type this below. I copy and past from that website a section of the article)

"In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.
    But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.
    But setting aside the emotional issues, Jews are clearly not a race.
    Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race; it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to."

2. Sitka

Sitka viajera

It is a race and a religion (ie: descended from the tribe of Israel - the chosen people).

3. dreadlocksftw

dreadlocksftw Visitor

I'm not sure if this is a troll thread, or if you really are this ignorant...

It's both a religion and an ethnic group, dude.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

He said 'israelian'. Enough said.

JPN2 likes this.
  5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

they want to be a special group of people

and they are, they have monuments all over
    so good for them

6. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

that is like saying my race is christian man.

or some dude saying my race is atheist. I am not trolling. judiasm is a religion.

ok nevermind haha do not wanna offend anyone sorry.

I looked it up. in 1980 the supreme court ruled jewish as a race.
    http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You can be an atheist and still be Jewish in terms of ethnicity.

8. dreadlocksftw

dreadlocksftw Visitor

Japanese isn't a race! It's a nationality!

See how stupid that sounds? It's both.

9. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

yeah they are asian. but I have korean friends and japanese friends and chinese friends and they are all different.

for example a english man is very different from a spanish man. both are white but different. so I guess in my mind I use the word race as slang for whatever a person is.

plus lots of people I know use the word to describe their race. for example mexicans I know consider mexican a race but yes I know it is a nationality and the majority of mexicans are spanish mixed with native blood.

but yes you are right jewish is a race and I corrected my post and edit it.

10. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

11. willedwill

willedwill Member

1932: was there a civil war in Iran; or anything worth the throttle of 'right to Exist'? I'll save you the problem; no. I had something the other day; yes; Palestine was for Freedom. 'Everything is Free.' said Sartre by 1938. Wrong-right movements were based upon governance from national governments by 1948. And Palestine said: 'everything is necessary' ...as we all know: Necessity is the mother of invention. Actually; that was an American joy stick to Simone de Beauvoir; 'how frivolous?' Henry James is the just cause of lies. And ...

but I'm misqouting too. Most 2002 Egyptians would give their liver-wort for even the Pragmatic approach.

12. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

Surely Jewish/Hebrew is part of the Semitic race, both linguistically and ancestorally ?

13. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

yeah in my head before I read about it I was thinking how come they are not considered arabic or middle eastern. cus from reading the bible and reading history books and stuff the area a lot of jews are originally from is Iraq.

14. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

Rule 1: You should always have a jewish friend

Why?

They have money

They are getting more powerful everyday

And their pretty cool

15. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

They are an ethinic group not a race genetically, and a religious group/race socially (and by law). Though it really doesn't matter, as long as they can identify themselves as human, im good.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm under the impression that those descended from the Cohen (Kohen, priest) have specific genetic markers.

17. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Yes. The vast majority of ethnic Jews today are descendants of the Hebrew patriarch Abraham - more specifically his son Isaac, and most commonly Isaac's grandson Judah via his son Jacob.

However (from Wikipedia), "Biologist Robert Pollack stated in 2003 that one cannot determine the biological "Jewishness" of an individual because "there are no DNA sequences common to all Jews and absent from all non-Jews".[45]"

Then again, "A 2009 study was able to genetically identify individuals with full or partial Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.[46]"

Even so, there are certainly not enough identifiable genetic differences to classify ethnic Jews as a biological race separate from other Caucasions in general - leaving aside for a moment the issue that the whole concept of race itself is extremely suspect and problematic.

From http://www.creationists.org/patrickyoung/article10.html:

"It has now been demonstrated that the priestly order of Cohanim has a common genetic marker that is characteristic of only ~10% of the general Jewish population and completely absent in gentiles. While this is not a direct confirmation that the Cohanim specifically descended from Aaron, it does demonstrate a separation and preservation of this priestly group that has persisted for over 3000 years."

Which, though interesting, is again not indicative of race - one genetic marker does not a race make. ;)

18. Rst3

Rst3 Guest

No, Jews are NOT a Race... They are a Religion... but they would like to Sell you on that propoganda...

The Supreme court later ruled against that same theory when they didn't want it used... the case was between White Jews, and other White people... The White Jewish Church members wanted to use existing Racial Laws against people who damaged their property... the Court said that While they were clearly NOT a different Race, it could be used because "Congress intend to protect Jews" (a religion) with the anti-race laws... when the 1981/1982 Law Was made... However, they did agree that most Comon Day Jews have NO arab ancestory... and that they Generally would NOT be considered a race... They mearly ruled on what was "comon ideology when the law was writen"

This is actually one of the Reasons that people have issues with the "holocaust event", simply because "jews of all races" were tortured/killed.... it hurts their image/position if you remove the Race issue and Replace it with Religion...

Think of it this way... Lets say... Hitler Killed 10 million People who belonged to a Religious Faction.... seems quite different if I said something like Hitler killed 10 million Catholics, Christians, Jeahova's witnesses,Muslims, etc... but if I said... Hitler killed 10 million African Americans... it would be quite worse in most peoples eyes... That's the Image they wish to portray... it helps with the sympathy...

For every person claiming to be a Jew, there is also a Person with their same DNA/Racial Profile/etc that Does not claim to be jewish, and Claims another race... that alone sets the real precidence...

19. MistyMountainTop

MistyMountainTop Member

You are right. Bull, or no Bull, fuck it...we are all one.:sunny:

20. MistyMountainTop

MistyMountainTop Member

why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.