Well, Fuck me!

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Blissfullyawareofitall, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

Just got done with finals... there's no way I'm passing math 1050 with a C+ (even though I studied my ass off)...

Just got accepted into a graphic design program too... which was very competitive and selective..

Need math credit to get into program...

FUUUUUUUUU...

I don't see why everyone has to be a renaissance man anyway... I mean asking (some) artists to do advanced math, far beyond the realm of doing your taxes or algebra is a little unfair...

It's like, why would you ask a mathematician to paint a work of art?, Or an electrician to write a Sonet? Why would you ask a fish to climb a tree?

Anyway, I just needed to... let out some steam... It really was my fault because I suck so bad at math and I was too prideful (and poor) to get a tutor.

Mcdonalds, here I come!

2. broony

broony Banned

Success never comes easy.

Just whatever you do, don't work for mc donalds.....:puke:

3. Blissfullyawareofitall

Ok, got a Final grade of "c", that fuckin sucks... all my other grades are great...

I just hope that It'll be alright.

Thanks for the Advice Broony, I really needed that. I think I'll start selling caricatures or something, maybe start up a band or something... really just let it all hang loose and explore my creative side.

At least I have people who love me, and with that I can do anything.:2thumbsup:

4. broony

broony Banned

No problem.. i didn't say that much. :p

Stay positive and keep your eye on your future goal and don't let anyone tell you different. It might take many many years even decades to achieve that goal, thats ok though, because along the way you will find other success you didn't think you would.

Don't let math get you down, i think that subjects gets everyone down at one point, unless it comes easy to them. Math seems to be a universal fucked language.... :D

5. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

math is integral to a lot of things. case in point, graphic designers could be needed to work with engineers etc. at the highest level

so, ideally, it would be useful to be able to consider specification for the next man along. an architect, to argue by similar example, needs to know more than to simply draw - but ideally know a bit about construction to.

6. yarapario

yarapario Village Elder

Hey Blissful Good for gettin the C at least. Math just eats my brain cause I ain't wired that way. Sometimes I wonder about the closeness of math/meth both guaranteed to fuck up the brain in my book...never done meth and the math that I try to do bites it. Just keep that analogy in mind when some math freak starts laying his equations on ya. Hope you get into your program...I think the world needs more artists than we got. Have fun in life bubba!

7. Blissfullyawareofitall

Yeah... They let it slide the C that is.. Haha, I worry way too much about life sometimes.

Yup, all signed up and everything for my program. Life is good!

And I guess if I was called upon to work mathematical designs I would need to atleast know the ropes...

I kinda go nuts a little bit after cram sessions of 12 hours of studying at a time... I'm not even joking... Like I'd study that long for my math class at a time.. I'm pretty stupid.

Just need to relax a bit....

8. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

I was doing awfully in math, I kept failing the tests... I escaped the class with a C (no clue how that happened- I was praying for a D) and even managed to get an 80 on the final!
    Hope all goes well

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Kudos to you blissfully, on making it into the graphic design program!

Math was my nemesis, too, as a photoJ major.

I needed to know ratios for resizing photos and mixing chems (pre-digital darkroom).

I find having some numeracy is great for my freelance business. Financial math and some basic geometry are great to have.
    And the golden ratio, of course.

10. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

If you lived near me, I would tutor you for free, since I have a degree in Math and am a graduate student in Mathematics as well!

11. iamwhatiam84

iamwhatiam84 Banned

come sell drugs with me!

12. Boro Boro

Boro Boro Member

Of course you would, because your such a great guy.