Graduated, but don't know where to go from here.

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by PhyreTrukk, Jun 7, 2011.

1. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

So I graduated a year ago, and I'm working at a fishplant. I'd like to do something productive with my life, I'd like to see the world, new cultures, new people, new building structures... everything. But to do so, I'll need money, and by working in a fishplant... I don't think I'll achieve my goal. So lately I've been thinking of things I could get into and got this idea:

Take two years of buisness, get my degree and start a hemp growing company. I've been doing research and hemp if a lot more enviroment friendly, stronger, water resistant, than cotton is. So I could hopefully find clothing companies to buy from me. Then you can make paper, building materials, gasoline etc. The list goes on. And seeing as everything is ''go green'' these days, I'd imagine the company would just keep growing..

Steal my idea if you want. The more the industry grows, the better IMO.

I'd just like to know what you guys think about this plan.. Is it worth it? Do you think I have a chance of creating such buisness? Will it be a success or a flop? I know it's hard to tell... but I just want opinions, and suggestions.

Thanks everyone! :love::2thumbsup:

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

1 what is your location-- hemp is illegal to grow in the united states and possibly other countries as well.

2 what did you get a degree in?

3. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

1 - Canada, it's legal with a liscence.
    2- I don't have one yet. But if I can talk to some people about my idea, figure out if it's possible/worth it, then I want to go back to school for a buisness degree.

4. andyreckx

andyreckx Member

throw on a back back an impulsively travel ,youll find what your looking for ,jah will provide

5. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

How are you going to pay for the two years of business college and then buy the land, the tools to work it, the seed, the money to survive while doing all this?

As for the idea itself, it isn't new, it has been crushed... but it has been coming back;

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc10/ontario.html

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Its not a bad idea. You just have to prepare yourself for the reality of it. Starting your own business takes a lot of time and money. You'll have to get a loan for the start up and in order to do that you're going to have to come up with a pretty detailed business plan. Once you have the money to begin, its going to be a lot of work and a lot of long hours. After all that time and money invested, there's still a chance that the business will never take off and you'll find yourself back where you started.

With that said, if you have the drive and determination to see the plan through then by all means, go for it.