Can Xanax help during Opiate withdrawals

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by BottleFED, May 26, 2011.

1. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Basically, im wondering what non-opiate can help get you through the first 3-4 days of an opiate withdrawal that i dont already have a tollerance for. Now that I think about it, the only thing I do have a tollerance from is Opiates. Any ideas.....?

2. doctor good sex

doctor good sex Member

hey bottleFED.. I bring you greetings from England! Just a quick contextual outline from me..Im a decade long opiate addict due to a serious spinal injury.. as such im scripted a large dose of heavy narcotics (im only 31 and been on EVERYTHING and taken EVERYTHING for pain you can imagine) as such I like many on here got addicted which is NORMAL for pain patients..and over the years tolerance grows and at times I run short before script day (im sure im not the only one to have that happen here!) Ive been through dopesickness more times than I care to remember.. right the answer to your question!

Benzos WILL help but watch them as the addiction and kicks WORSE than Opiate W/D's..but youll REALLY be crying out (literally sometimes!) for something to knock you out.. XANAX will be very useful as its twofold..itll reduce the anxiety and muscle twitches.. i get those bad..restless legs SUCK AND itll help you sleep.. days 3 and 4 are always my worst nights.

IMMODIUM works brilliantly.. for one w/d as I know how my body works and when 'the floodgates' open usually about hour T24/25 i take 10/12 mg of it and it helps SO much.. when youve not slept for 3 days having to drag your sore itchy from over wiping arse to the bog (sorry English for toilet) iys such a welcome relief

POMEGRANATE JUICE! yeah amazed me too! one particularly nasty W/D i drank a litre of this and i swear swear SWEAR to you it removed 50 odd percent of ALL the W/D!

BOOZE AND COCAINE... okay this wont help some but for me a little of both on days 4 ad 5 helped put my body in the right place! probably not for everyone that!

AVOID CAFFIENE!

Ive got loads more to write but need to sleep..of course i know you dont want for whatever reason opiates but i HIGHLY recommend you score a few subutex for when you feel its like HELL.. is this due to running short before script day? sorry i gotta sleep..ask PORKCHOP! he is probably just as much if not more clued up than me!

zzzzzzzzz

3. smokinIVXX

smokinIVXX Banned

Ha I was actually going to start a similar thread..

I've never been addicted to opiates, but I have been addicted to xanax and it was the worst time in my entire life..HOWEVER, for someone experiencing withdrawals from opiates, I think xanax would help tremendously. The anxiety relief plus the MUNCHIES would be beneficial. I would recommend smoking marijuana on the xanax as the thc will significantly increase the effect of the xanax.

That being said, I wouldn't "substitute" the opiates with benzos...use them to help with the w/d's

4. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Oh its no problem bro, I too have been through withdrawals several times, just never bothered to take anything else except low amounts of immodium. I dont think I took it in amounts to actually do anything except help with the runs. So i asked abotu Xanax cause I can score some for this 3-5 period. The juice doesnt complete come as a surprise as I read somewhere that it helps just didnt know exactly what it helped with. Im in no hurry for the info, this withdrawal will come fairly soon and thats due to me wanting to go through a several month period clean, although i will have to deal with the pain via non narcotic methods.

5. doctor good sex

doctor good sex Member

hey fed.. its no problem my man..and if i can help in anyway by taking any spares off your hands to aid and facilitate the doctor is in the house ;) im joking in case its against the 'rules'..but then i am a real Doctor and thats my medical advice ;)

6. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I found benzos only mildly effective in helping opioid w/d the few times that I had to suffer from it. However, non-opioids can be used successfully, like Clonodine and a few of the First-Generation anti-histamines as well.

I also found that a few alcoholic drinks helps (probably since alcohol acts mildly on the opioid receptors) in the short-term.

7. MikeVicc

MikeVicc Member

i heard magnesium chelate eases withdrawals .. yes i heard it's suppose to reduce / slow / contain opiate tolerance but the study , they also said it may relieve WD as well

8. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I'd believe it. That stuff has worked miracles for me in many aspects of my life, not just reducing my tolerance.

9. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Xanax helped me somewhat. Mainly for the anxiety and insomnia part of it. It takes 3-4mg to allow me to sleep though. And I agree that Imodium helps a lot. It helps with the diarrhea along with some of the other symptoms. It's far from 100%, but it does reduce the misery somewhat at a dose of 12mg of loperamide per day.