Smash my ego

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 05:35 AM

I want it broken into a million pieces. I want no image of myself at all.
Doomed.

#2 Shivaya

Shivaya

Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 05:40 AM

Take 20 hits of acid?

R.I.P. Cosmoknot

''What you seek is seeking you''
-Rumi

#3 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 02:34 PM

Acid is only temporary, I want a more permanent solution.
Doomed.

#4 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,561 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 02:48 PM

Use the psychdelics as a temporary way to find permanence. You can take the lessons you learn from them and apply them to every day life.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#5 MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~

♫♪♫♪

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 26 2011 - 02:51 PM

Then just date a red headed bitch like me for a few months. That should do the job:2thumbsup: Hope all goes well.
  • Pengu likes this

#6 Shivaya

Shivaya

• PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 02:58 PM

Do you meditate?

R.I.P. Cosmoknot

-Rumi

#7 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 03:02 PM

Use the psychdelics as a temporary way to find permanence. You can take the lessons you learn from them and apply them to every day life.

No, you can't. Having access to a switch to turn off the ego doesn't teach you how to turn it off in the absence of the switch.

Do you meditate?

That depends on what you mean by meditate. Sitting on the floor with my eyes closed?
Doomed.

#8 Shivaya

Shivaya

• PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 03:19 PM

That depends on what you mean by meditate. Sitting on the floor with my eyes closed?

I don't think the position you are sitting really changes anything... I'll take that as a no.

P.s. I don't think you can always be free of ego. Sounds impossible if you ask me... what are you looking for exactly?

R.I.P. Cosmoknot

-Rumi

#9 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 03:25 PM

Why would you take it as a no? I didn't say that was what I did, I asked if that was what you meant.
Doomed.

#10 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 03:49 PM

I want it broken into a million pieces. .

It is already in a million pieces, each insisting at any one point in the day that it is you and none of them recognizing each other. That is where your conflict comes from.

#11 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,561 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 07:32 PM

No, you can't. Having access to a switch to turn off the ego doesn't teach you how to turn it off in the absence of the switch.

Teach yourself how to turn it off.

It is already in a million pieces, each insisting at any one point in the day that it is you and none of them recognizing each other. That is where your conflict comes from.

I like this.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#12 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 04:53 AM

"]YouTube - ‪Size Of The Universe‬‏

I was talking to her about this recently - telepathically, since she blocked me on facebook last year. :D

If there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in,
then what sort of a hippy free-for-all is this?

Posted Image

#13 Oz!

Oz!

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 05:12 AM

I want it broken into a million pieces. I want no image of myself at all.

don't you like who you are? :confused:
:mickey:

#14 Shivaya

Shivaya

• PipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 06:02 AM

Why would you take it as a no? I didn't say that was what I did, I asked if that was what you meant.

It's just the way you said it seemed like you were making fun of it so I assumed no.

Ah Dope, you never fait to make me reflect.

R.I.P. Cosmoknot

-Rumi

#15 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 07:27 AM

Ah Dope, you never fait to make me reflect.

Shiny things

#16 PinataPete

PinataPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 07:45 AM

I don't know if you want your ego to entirely disappear or you'd be more like wind with words, events, and perhaps even motivation losing their connection to you and blowing right on through your being....actually that may turn you into a sage, it'll take some adjustment, but good luck.

Seclude yourself, focus on quieting your mind, live like a hermit for a bit if you can, and yes, trust me, psyches can begin to rob you piece by piece of your permanent ego as well. It just takes a lot of tripping of heroic doses to do so or if you're lucky, one super-intense life-changing trip. Ah, I'm curious of your outcome. Let us know how it goes if time serves you well in the future
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is "Who in the world am I?" Ah, that's the great puzzle!" - Alice in Wonderland

"I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks." - Daniel Boone

#17 SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 08:50 AM

A big long hit of Salvia Divinorum/Salvinorin A should give you a pretty good kick start... if you are not permanently changed after Ms. Sally is finished with you, then I don't know what to tell you.

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z97/katt_fink/twistedwinter-2-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

#18 RooRshack

RooRshack

On Sabbatical

• PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 09:54 AM

If you're asking for our help to break your ego, you don't need our help.

But you DO need to understand that having no ego is NOT desirable. Your ego is very important, it's just ALSO very important that your ego is in line with where it should be.

You can improve your ego, but you can't get rid of it. If you had none, you'd be a babbling waste and couldn't even communicate.

Also, psychedelics do NOT break or kill your ego, they delude your ego. You may not even be able to fathom the concept of self on some drugs, but the important fact is that YOU can't fathom that. You're still you, it just short circuts some parts of your brain for a short while, in a manner that can teach those parts of your brain lasting and useful lessons.

So, psychedelic drugs are great if you want to reign in your ego, learn more about it, and gain a better perspective, but you DO need and want a healthy and whole ego.

RIP cosmoknot.

image.php?u=191931&type=sigpic&dateline=

Missing at ocala: A true feminist, rumored to be traveling with bigfoot and a man of impeccable scottish credentials.

#19 ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 04:11 PM

^^^ True shit,,,,, I don't even think about my ego any more,,, I used to get so hung up on it,,,,,,,, Basically, if you want to let go of your ego,,,, indulge it ;) //// If you let go of your ego,,, you won't be thinking about,, letting go of your ego,,,, you're creating a negative attachment to it, ya?

Learn to say FUCK IT

#20 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 04:59 PM

If you're asking for our help to break your ego, you don't need our help.

But you DO need to understand that having no ego is NOT desirable. Your ego is very important, it's just ALSO very important that your ego is in line with where it should be.

You can improve your ego, but you can't get rid of it. If you had none, you'd be a babbling waste and couldn't even communicate.

Also, psychedelics do NOT break or kill your ego, they delude your ego. You may not even be able to fathom the concept of self on some drugs, but the important fact is that YOU can't fathom that. You're still you, it just short circuts some parts of your brain for a short while, in a manner that can teach those parts of your brain lasting and useful lessons.

So, psychedelic drugs are great if you want to reign in your ego, learn more about it, and gain a better perspective, but you DO need and want a healthy and whole ego.

Any particular reason for all this, or should we just take you on your authority?

It depends on what meaning we give to "ego", but on my interpretation I would have thought that the absence of an ego is simply to see the world as it "is". So when I'm looking at a tree I see the leaves, trunk and branches and not the names of trees I've seen before, comparisons with other trees, how past trees made me feel, accidents i've had with past trees etc... even though I can recall that information as information if I wish. Destroying the image doesn't mean I destroy the ability of my brain to function.
Doomed.

#21 ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 05:17 PM

I Kill My Self and Reborn Constantly,,,,, It's a Living Be-ing,,, not a Moment, Event, or Accomplishment

#22 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 05:36 PM

It depends on what meaning we give to "ego", but on my interpretation I would have thought that the absence of an ego is simply to see the world as it "is". So when I'm looking at a tree I see the leaves, trunk and branches and not the names of trees I've seen before, comparisons with other trees, how past trees made me feel, accidents i've had with past trees etc... even though I can recall that information as information if I wish. Destroying the image doesn't mean I destroy the ability of my brain to function.

The "image", as you call it, that separates, is self image. Ego is social currency so it is important that your level of identification has real value. If you say of yourself that you are an individual that can be recognized only by your peculiar traits, then your ego takes an antithetical position to wholeness as a rule. However in classifying animals, it is the subjects similarities to others that gives them their classification. The thing that makes possible mans inhumanity toward man in any form, is the idea that the subject is not me or mine.

You can restructure your level of identification to involve a larger sense of self that includes the well being of others as its baseline. You can make the same larger identification in the .choice of a sense of home. For instance instead of considering your house, or your city, or your country, your home, you could choose the earth as home and never ever find yourself away from it.

Of course to change your sense of self in this manner you need deconstruct
previous learning, as that sense of self, the social currency, was taught to us by our parents. Their criteria in many respects is to distinguish us from them. There is another teacher in the world and that one is not a-parent.

#23 stash napt

stash napt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 05:52 PM

Everything is only temporary. Welcome to the human experince.
"We were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion. Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late, when they pass away." :nopity:

#24 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 06:38 PM

I don't know, my computer doesn't seem to have disintegrated over the last week, unlike the insight of my last acid trip.
Doomed.

#25 Perilless

Perilless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted June 03 2011 - 11:43 AM

How're about putting yourself through the Total Perspective Vortex?

From Wikipedia:
The Total Perspective Vortex is allegedly the most horrible torture device to which a sentient being can be subjected.

When you are put into the Vortex you are given just one momentary glimpse of the entire unimaginable infinity of creation, and somewhere in it a tiny little mark, a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot, which says, "You are here."

Located on the Frogstar, the machine was originally invented by one Trin Tragula in order to annoy his wife. Because she was forever nagging him for having no sense of proportion, he decided to invent something that would show her what having a sense of proportion really meant. The Total Perspective Vortex illustrated that "In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion."

That should do it, although you'll have to invent it first. Good Luck! :)

#26 vansrouge

vansrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 04:49 PM

Look at babes, look at what they say when they start talking. When they are hungry.

Eg:

One time existed a baby who's name was Peter. He was born without ego, a very pure and original human. They told him that he was Peter and that to him know him self he needs to know who is thinking. They asked him if he was hungry, he said "Peter is hungry". The parents were a little bit shocked by it, and they said to him "Say, I'm hungry". He repeated "Peter is hungry".

Ego is not a question of right or wrong, it's a question of identification. By consequence the break of that identification make things working in harmony, so it can be confused with the "right actions". It's not right or wrong actions, it's neutral/harmony actions.

How can one become full of compassion if he think "he is" without knowing what he is. He think he is a separated consciousness so he have the need to fight, to prove, or to do something that takes him high, to the top. He "lost" his confidence.

The one fighting is the one who is very confused, very perturbed, so he is so blind, he is not really blind, but he wants to believe it, it's his dream. To be perturbed and dream with harmony, peace, but he tends to "create" suffer on others. The others are fools, they believe that they can be influenced, so they start to be.

When one reaches his limit, his mind shut it's down, so he tries to work in harmony, because harmony gives peace. The harmony is accepted, there's no one against him, so he can be in peace, he thinks it's the right to be, then he believes in moral and ethic, and those bullshits. He starts to live an other face of ego, the opposite, he doesn't know nothing more than ego, than this small identification. He can try everything he wants, but he will always suffer, he will fight against suffer, so suffer will always be there because one that doesn't accept is always concerned about it, no matter if it is consciously or unconsciously.

On the "wrong" side no one's accept him, so he tries everything to prove. On the "right" side, he starts to be accepted, but this acception has a need of attention. If he don't have this attention (to his inferiority complex) he will start suffering.

That's a way of manipulation, breaking a person confidence. She will be blind by the suffer that she doesn't accept, so she will be living an "illusion". Always trying to be more confident, but it always get breaked. She can't make everyone accept her, since she was born everyone started to make her "better".

Ego is necessary since we are in a lower way of communication, but the identification with thoughts creates the world we know. There can't be a revolution because a revolution can't be performed. But an big action of compassion can make all changes, can make a kind of revolution.

Peace.

#27 walsh

walsh

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 05:43 PM

There can't be a revolution because a revolution can't be performed.

How do you know? You haven't managed it, many others haven't, but you can't say it's not possible.
Doomed.

#28 vansrouge

vansrouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 10:54 PM

How do you know? You haven't managed it, many others haven't, but you can't say it's not possible.

I'm refering this compassion to buddism. That's the only relegion I know that has all our intrinsic desires. They "trust" on all actions, they know that it will help us no matter if it's something not "right".

But the change to make things work in harmony, and by consequence give us the so desired peace and joy, is a path of "non revolution". It's a "non logical" (it's very logical/instintive) way to do things.

All masters said that everything must be done in peace (non in a repressing way). They said it because they know how equanimity helps, and how it's better doing things this way. It's just acting like in the begining. Sometimes we can't believe how life accepts stupid things, but she accepts, she don't judge and understand our needs.

Every people that has come to follow the path, soon or later realize what masters said. What was before a "moral" has now a different meaning, and almost the full understandment about changing, and how it occurs.

Revolution was a term used to the acts that are happening about world changing. It's not an unbalanced way.

It's one of the most "logical" way to work out the problems.

#29 tehuti

tehuti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 10:28 AM

take 20 hits and then meditate.....for as long as it takes..shouldnt be long

#30 soapofthelotus

soapofthelotus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 06:28 PM

nothing exists, this is the world of samsara, the world of sense pleasures, it is wholly illusion and empty, it is and has always been an infinite hologram which is non being, wanti
all things are even lighter than light and more transient than the mist and air, this is the greatest of loves

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop