Is there even a future anymore???

Discussion in 'The Future' started by JimiAllTheWay, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Global warming is something that has been highly politicised in the past few years, which is a shame because it takes attention away from the fact that humans actually do have a large impact on the environment and should work to live in harmony with the earth rather than against it.

2. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i think there are technologies which are being witheld frm us.even when we're needing them most.they want us 2 b grateful 2 them when they finally hand them out 2 us.for instance,free energy.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they're not exactly being withheld and its not exactly entirely "free" energy. but there are intrests resisting their wider adoptation and further development. (wind, solar, micro-hydro, geothermal, and all the other REAL energy technologies that ARE available NOW)

narratives that refuse to consider that there even is a beyond the box of centralized power generation or the private auto i find most thoroughly disappointing and not a believable future at all (percussive ballistic fire arms are another of these same elements as well)

one does not require utopia, distopia or luditism to see the obsolescence of all three.

is non-centralized, non-combustion based power generation and small form factor guideway based public transportation THAT non-obvious?

if a sustainable future isn't built before disaster, as a means of averting it, one will be built after the fall, as the only remaining means of survival. either way, it will have come about, or, we will have ceased to be.

4. Blissfullyawareofitall

Blissfullyawareofitall Member

We'll all be cyborgs slaying the remaining members of humanity who live in their re-breather style underground bunkers because their puny human bodies cannot breath the harsh rusty air of the scorched earth above them.

Yes our Cyborg race will rise and will colonize the galaxy! Without the restrictions of needs of things like "oxygen" or "emotions" we'll soon be exploring the universe, conquering any alien race in our way.

Then eventually, our top Cybornetic Scientists will discover near light travel and go back to earth... only to find that they've traveled back in time.

The ships they used will be saucer shaped and by then we'll be small, gray and scaley, mostly composed of mechanized parts wrapped in what remaining organic structures we have left.

Until we're discovered in Roswell New Mexico.

5. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Lets not forget that GMO Corn has been shown to lead to a drastic increase in fetal abnormalities and illness in livestock,,, we are little more than livestock in a biological sense,,, and GMO Corn is everywhere now, unavoidable, virtually no pure strains used commercially, and open pollinization will ensure the GMO taint will eventually infest it all, corn is in nearly everything we eat via High fructose corn syrup or simply filler,,, and corn is just the start of it, Sugar beets, Pot, etc. Who's to say what more genetic anomalies we will develop from consuming this crap? Hell, maybe we'll get lucky and 75% of us will turn into the X-Men right? Hmmm,,, probably all just fucked, survivors of the Apocalyps and all, GMO is here to stay, cat is out of the bag.

6. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I never argue about 'Global Warming'

Whether or not the global climate is changing or if it is caused/contributed to by mankind does not make a difference.

If 'global warming is a myth' does that somehow make it ok to dump toxins into the air and water?

Pollutants effect the health of people currently and directly.

Also whether or not burning fossil fuels effects the weather doesn't change the fact that they are a finite resource and we need alternative energy sources.

You don't need to argue about global warming to make an argument to remedy it.

7. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

In the future Oprah will summon her followers and take over the world. United under the mighty O we will all enjoy a time of great prosperity and peace, as well as every brownie getting an edge.

8. dead_head_0000

dead_head_0000 Member

I somewhat agree, but global warming is a scam, the "scientists" and politicians who spout this garbage definitally have something to gain. Such as carbon taxes, carbon credits, so called green products. Its a money making scheme and I find it sickening.

Also the University of East Angila's climatic research unit's servers were hacked in 2009 (climategate), on the server the hackers found documents showing how the scientists skewed the information about global warming, and attack campaigns against scientists who did not agree with global warming. But I guess people will believe what they want to, and my ramblings will not change anyones opinions.

9. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You certainly won't change the mind of any reader familiar with science. I suspect that your analysis won't appear in a peer-reviewed scientific journal anytime soon. So yeah.... "you're doing it wrong."

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. dead_head_0000

dead_head_0000 Member

What am I doing wrong? First I would like to say that there is two sides to every argument, saying that there are absolutely no peer-reviewed scientific journal calling global warming bs is preposterous. From your post I can assume that you only read up on one side of the arguement, by only reading one side how can you possibly come to a conclusion with only half the information? So yeah... "you're doing it wrong."

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is something i agree with all of it. i think long term climate changes are taking place though, and that human activity is playing a roll in them.

that these very small long term changes can bring and likely will bring about famines and diseases which will in the long term correct the problem of human population excess. this is how nature does it. and it isn't pleasent for the population being adjusted and we could bypass all that world of hurt by making the apropriate transitions ahead of the game, while we still have a chance to make a favorable difference by doing so.

12. I dont believe theres going to be an easy future because of all the chemicals we eat all the things we ignore and all those creepy mob types rolling around with tinted windows.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there has never been going to be an "EASY" future. ever. just interesting and occasionally fun ones.