Would you kindly list all the saddest movies you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Shivaya, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I'm gonna go with

Requiem for a Dream
    If Only
    Old Yeller

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In Field of Dreams, I thought it was incredibly sad when Dr. Graham gave up his chance to be Moonlight Graham again in order to save the life a child. I just cried and cried. No other movie scene has ever hit me like that.

3. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

Braveheart. Now Mel Gibson kinda ruined it, but it was sad before he started showing his racist side.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

it more of a documentary than a movie but I think the reality of it made it way more sad

Dying at Grace..by Allan King

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379269/

small snipit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDKkixncSw

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

schindler's list

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108052/

that's it. seen it at the theater and cried and cried.. i still wanna slap the people that were in front of me . they kept turning around and looking at me like i was nuts.. that's a sad fucking movie and if you don't cry something is seriously wrong with you. :frown:

1 person likes this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you should see "the boy in the striped pajamas" if you havent yet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914798/

7. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

last night i saw a movie entitled, "the experiment," the movie is a fictonal account of the infamous standford prison study.

"the wave", saw that made for television movie back in the late 1970's or early 1980's.
    some years later i read ron jones account of that experiment he performed in a califorina high school back in the mid 1960's.

"the tenth level," saw this made for television movie back in the the mid or late 1970's.
    the movie is based on stanely millgrim's experiment at harvard in the early and mid 1960's.

all three of those movies show how easy it is for "good," "ethical," and "moral" people to do evil things.
    all three of those movies are the real world and it is seen everywhere.
    never been as scared, angry, or depressed from any other movies!
    :mad: :willy_nilly: :bigcry:

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Life is Beautiful. I cried for two hours straight after the first time I watched that movie.

I just saw Braveheart for the first time the other day and I didn't really like it. I've heard my whole life what an amazing movie it is, but I found all the violence to be extremely gratuitous, in typical Mel Gibson fashion.

Directors like Quentin Tarentino can do gratuitous violence and make it amusing and entertaining. When Mel Gibson does gratuitous violence, I find it extremely disturbing for some reason.

9. Shivaya

Cool stuff, I'll be refering to this, I've been wanting to watch sad movies lately for some reason.

The boy in the striped pyjamas is on my netflix so that seems like my easiest bet. I'm in!

10. Cleansedreality

Cleansedreality Member

The Fountain
    Lovely, Still
    The Last Unicorn

11. Nostromo

Nostromo Member

Johnny Got His Gun has got to be one of the saddest movies I've seen.

It's about a soldier that is hit by a mortar shell, and loses his arms and legs, his eyesight, and his hearing and ability to speak. I think he lost his sense of smell also.

Metallica did a tribute song to the movie; titled One.

Original trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7j4C6hBBA"]YouTube - Johnny got his gun - Original Trailer
    Metaillica tribute (has spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

"]YouTube - Battleship Potempkin - Odessa Steps scene (Einsenstein 1925)

13. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

the true story- movie "blow" with johnny depp about his rise and fall as a hippy youngster to small time smuggler to druglord to decrepid old man in prison dreaming of his daughter would take the cake for me.. utterly heartbreaking story.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think Braveheart still is a ridicilous great movie, overall not sad but the scenes where his wife's throat gets cut and the one where Wallace discovers Robert the bruce betrayed him are intensely sad to me. Goosebumps!

15. Shivaya

That's really cool. I was reading through this and sayin to myself ''man that sounds alot like the story in the song ''one'', and sure enough, next paragraph explained it! I didn't even know it was about a movie. I'm gonna need to see this.

16. OptimisticFutureBlues

I seriously got negative repped for my Mel Gibson comment.

To the guy who did it, If it so ridiculous, then why is it every time I watch one of his movies, all I can think is "Just smile and blow me"?

I'm not even kidding, it ruins the serious value of the acting and I can no longer watch it.

And why does that deserve negative rep? Its my opinion. Its not going to change because someone gave me a little red blip on my control thingy. Its just ugly because i have 12 more that are only green and this ONE red one on the top.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You don't have to change shit but isn't it clear that you let it ruin the movie yourself? That whatever Mel Gibson might think or has done after Braveheart doesn't affect this movie at all. I don't see the connection, now that you think Gibson is racist this movie seems racist as well? Explain why this doesn't seem ridicilous please.

18. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Raging Bull

The Godfather part III

Moon

19. OptimisticFutureBlues

I never said I thought he was a racist to begin with, let alone that I think he was during the filming of the movie. In movies an actor portrays certain emotions. Sadness, Anger, Disgust. Whenever I see mel gibson portray one of these emotions in his movies, I think back to the things he said in the tapes his ex wife recorded. His face foes angry, I think "Blow me" and it ruins it for me. So I stopped watching Mel Gibson's movies. If you don't like it, I'm not sorry.

Just because you cant see it from your point of view, doesn't mean you should negative rep people man. If its lack of fact, and someone is straight bullshitting, THEN its cool. But it was just an opinion man. Just take it easy.

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When I was a little kid,Bambi hit me pretty hard when--you know.