Why aren't we rallying this more?

Discussion in 'Free School' started by lovelyxmalia, Mar 30, 2011.

1. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I feel like everyone here has valuable skills and traits to teach the world...especially some of the old timers. So my question to everyone here on HF is why aren't we all taking more interest and referring people to the free school on here?

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Before we had a whole system setup for the free school that got bypassed during an upgrade. So the signup thing is gone. Now it's just more of an open forum where anyone can post up a class. I agree that more input is needed.

3. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

I agree also!

4. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

i agree four. its a great concept.

i've been thinking about contributing something but i just dont know what wants to be learned, or if i can teach it properly.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

in general , this basic message board format is awkward for a teacher/class relationship . maybe some stylistic writerly innovation by a teacher could accomodate what seems to be interactive limitations . could it be more of relaxed and illustrated story-telling than an info-lecture ?

see The Cabin by ChronicTom .
    communal living forum/lost acres

6. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

tikoo, I see where you are coming from. I feel that some classes don't work with the message board style, however, I do feel like it can make it much easier to organize class topics with threads, as long as someone knows how to make it understandable. I've taken classes online through the program Blackboard and it was very difficult to navigate through the "database" sort of lay out.

I think everyone that is still interested in the school should really think about what they want to learn and what they have to offer and we should start utilizing this more. I remember when we first got the free school and everyone was psyched for months after it started...lets bring that excitement back!