Thoughts on Japan Relief

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Pure eVol, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Pure eVol

Pure eVol Guest

I didn't see a post on this yet, so the HipForums beginner must act.

Today, I attended a Missouri university's rally to aid the victims of the recent chain of nightmares in Japan. I saw students in the Midwest, on American soil, watching the pain on the faces of their classmates and friends who had lost loved ones back in what may no longer be their home. I saw the same young adults who certain senators in New England claim lack enough life experience to be allowed access to the voting polls, and I saw them scrounge in their pockets for the last remnants of their lunch money to give all they could of themselves out of pure compassion while many of America's media icons were cracking jokes about the suffering.

Many of UCM's students went without food today, because they thought that five dollars was better spent on food and water for a stranger.

We could all stand to learn a few things from these students. You can donate to the Red Cross’s fund for Japanese victims by following this link:
    https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052
    Search your own couch if you must, but please donate. I can promise you, you can’t give less money than some of these students gave today. Somehow, though, it will be difficult for you to give more.

2. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member