Consensus: What is the 'ceiling' dose of Buprenoprhine (Suboxone)

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by etkearne, Mar 3, 2011.

1. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

All Suboxone users know there is a ceiling since Bupe is only a partial agonist of the mu-opioid receptor. However, I can't seem to find the definitive answer to what it is, and I am too stingy with my own Suboxone to experiment with higher doses, since, if I go over the ceiling, it is essentially worthless.

I have read claims that it is as low as 3mg or as high as 32mg. Big freaking difference! So, help me find the general consensus of what it is through the poll.

POLL: Click the dose of Bupe at which you receive max effect, but where increasing the dose more does NOT get you higher.

Much thanks.

2. eatthecorn

eatthecorn Banned

about 8 mgs

3. etkearne

Cool. I'll have to try a full strip (8mg) some time. I never have taken more than 6mg, but take 4mg every day as my maintenance dose. However, I am going to get it moved to 6mg since it tends to wear off in the evening to the point of severe cravings.

4. ness33

ness33 Member

I would say 8 mg as well. I cant even take more than 3 mg a day. Usually 1mg in the morning and 2 mg at night

5. etkearne

Alright. So I ran my 'experiment' yesterday (all in the name of science of course...) to find the ceiling. I found that around 6mg I stopped getting significantly higher. At 8mg, I was slightly higher, but nowhere near what a 2mg increase was like in smaller doses. Boy did the high last, though! I could barely sleep I was so euphorically buzzing. And, it took until 10:00am for the buzz to significantly disappear. What a FUN experiment !