When I think I see myself in third-person

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Kamran, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

When I think of myself doing something like, I dunno, fighting crime or something awesome like that, I see myself in the third-person rather than seeing it through my own eyes. Does anyone else get that?

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

This is a very interesting question, and one I've pondered before, but never at length. I'm glad you put this under Mind Fuck, cause it really is.

What I wonder is how people view themselves in their sexual fantasies. Do they see themselves in third person, or is the fantasy viewed thru their own eyes? I wonder if men and women see it differently or does it just vary from person to person.

So do you see yourself objectively or are you immersed in the subjective experience during fantasy?

3. TheWhiteOne216

TheWhiteOne216 Member

oh i always see myself in 3rd person. even in my dreams.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I masturbate in the third person.

5. Kamran

Kamran Member

I see through my own eyes. But I see as if my eyes are in my head and not where they're supposed to be for some reason. Also, since it's a thought you don't only have to be doing one thing you can make it so you have multiple versions of yourself or the other(s) at once. It's kind of like tripping with your significant other, what you're actually doing has no relevance to what you're feeling.

6. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

I see through third person sometimes, other times I don't...
    I almost always have two voices though: a body and a mind. We talk (usually only inside my head, unless I'm alone and need to talk something out), sometimes bicker, and love eachother a lot.

I give myself hugs too...

7. TroutLord

TroutLord Member

yeah, i usually switch from first to third, whichever is most cinematic at the moment, I had a first person dream I was driving the batmobile!

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I dream almost entirely in 3rd person and 98% of the time I'm somebody else.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

i remember tripping for the first couple times, and my neighbor girl offered me coffee when I was tripping and I said "orison dont want no coffee" and she asked why I was talking in the 3rd person...

10. Kamran

Kamran Member

When I trip so hard I black out I speak in the third-person.

11. gingermakesyouwell

gingermakesyouwell Member

i see myself in third person alot but mostly during sex i dont know whut thats from thow maybe too much pride or possibly my ego has taken controll of that aspect of my life therefor i am not truely me during sex but a robot and my true self is simply sitting back and watching i think if we find out what causes this we will have much more insight too make makes us human and what causes our actions but mostly what brings us as a species too a level so low we even kill our own kind is it truely us thinking or is something controlling us like we`re machines this fucks me up all the time