Tools for harvesting Poppy Guerilla Grow!?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by p51mustang23, Feb 15, 2011.

1. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

SWIM is planning to do a Guerilla grow of the world's best plant ever! The poppy that is. SWIM will spend the next few months searching out different areas to plant in. SWIM will hopefully even get some cannabis in, too.

So, I thought i would probe your creative minds on two things:

A) An effective system for lancing. I know of the method that involves sticking a push pin through an item of the appropriate diameter. But does anyone know of some little ways to improve this? Possibly something that allows 2 scores to be done in one swipe? SWIM would/will have difficulty lancing / scraping his entire harvest if it ends up very healthy.

B) For patches in less discrete areas SWIM will simply have to harvest the entire pod (with or without some stem). I have seen different methods of using these pods. Some dry the pods and use dried pods for tea. Some people convert all of it into tea, then let the H20 evaporate, leaving a sort of condensed tea, which is suited to dry storage or freezing (Possibly even eating dry / smoking). And of course there is laudanum. What are your favorite methods, keeping in mind quantity will be an issue (I know many of you love tea and pods!:2thumbsup:)

SWIM will let me document his work outdoors for the enjoyment of everyone here, so there's something to look forward to, too.

SWIM says he recently ordered 2 pounds of seeds "Frontier Poppy Seed Whole, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 2)" from Amazon. The description suggests that they are P. Somniferum, and viable. Some McKormick brand seeds will be picked up locally, and very likely a smaller number of the more expensive seeds from online vendors that specify the subspecies (these may be used indoors as breeders).

Also, if there's any other advice or idea's that I should pass along to SWIM post them!

This thread looks to bland... here's some color! Disclaimer: I do not own these pictures.

What a guerilla patch might look like. This one is very public... certainly couldn't do this with cannabis!:
    [​IMG]
    Close up.... aren't they beautiful??
    [​IMG]

2. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

Very nice man. I was thinking I would do this too this year. What's the best time to plant, I live in Alabama and it gets really hot in the summer and is usually not very humid or dry.

3. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

If you live in Alabama I would imagine that planting should/could be done fairly soon. I live in New England, so I still need to wait at least a month, probably 45 days. I know many people in the warmer states are able to choose between fall and spring however.

Everywhere I've looked says that these like to germinate in cool temperatures.

Hopefully SWIM doesn't eat the seeds while waiting to plant >.<

4. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

It's just now starting to get warmer here, some days are 60s and some days are still 30s or 40s. I still got some time. Do you think its possible to grow poppies with McCormick seeds? I was pretty sure seeds intended for food were inviable or not P. Somniferum.

5. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

Actually most people (on various forums i read but don't post to) have said that McCormick seeds will usually germinate at a very high rate and are some sort of Tasmanian P. Somniferum :). People have reported varying potency, but there's a consensus that they definitely contain morphine. SWIM plans on planting some McCormicks along with the 2lbs bought on amazon - variety should help ensure a good yield!

And 30's / 40's is supposedly the best weather for seeding! Sprouts can resist a mild frost too.

6. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

Thanks for your help! =D