trazodone

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by pbjube3, Feb 9, 2011.

1. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

does trazodone have any recreational effects? i have a 50 mg pill that i was gunna cut in half and take with 1mg of lorazapam. the trazodone is a sedative anti depressant so i was thinking the 2 different pills would go good together especially with some good herb:afro: any one who has experience:afro: and isnt just giving me their own opinion that would be great!

2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I tried plugging them and got hella fucked up lol I say go for it. You wont be awake for long though so I wouldn't recommend taking any good drugs with it

3. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

haha thanks i think ill save this for when i went to fall asleep coming off an acid trip

4. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

the only thing trazodone ever did to me was make me thirsty

5. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

haha thats not fun, because i am thirsty all the time!

6. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I took 50mgs of trazodone every night for 3 years and and gonna start it back up as soon as I get back in to see the psychiatrist. It's crap for recreation and only makes you sleepy, which could be why I took it to sleep.
    My opinion is, don't waste your time. 50mgs isn't even a high dose, some people are prescribed 300+mgs a day.

7. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I think trazodone is also a mood stabilizer/ anti psychotic or something so taking one may just completely snap you out of a trip

8. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

It's an antidepressant at high doses and an insomnia pill at low doses.
    Waste of time for recreational use.

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

FUCK trazodone. All it does is make you sleepy and you feel like shit the next day.

10. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

nuff said

11. MissBHave

MissBHave insert clever phrase here

that shit will knock you on your ass

12. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Agree with Sleep aid. I take anywhere from 100 to 200mg about 30 mins prior to bedtime, at 200mg im getting about 9 hours of sleep, even when i was taking 180-200mg oxy/day. Since ive kicked opies, I dont take it as often in order to get back to normal sleep paterns, but i dont see any recreational value at all. Sleep, Fucking great stuff!

13. dmob12

dmob12 Member

Trazodone sucks.

Every time I've taken it to help me sleep it doesn't help me fall asleep but it makes it really hard to wake up and gives me nightmares AND horrible cottonmouth.

14. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Sorry to hear that man, I get none of that. Are you taking anything else while using Traz? Only thing ive ever taken while taking traz was opies, which had no affect on traz for me, still slept like a baby.

15. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Based on its pharmacological profile, I see no way it has recreational effects. However, I cannot give a 1st person confirmation of that. Serotonin antagonism over time gives antidepressant effects, but no high. And, the other mechanism of action, adrenaline antagonism, gives a mild mood lift, but that's it.