Deleted psychedelic scene from Avatar

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by mayhew, Feb 9, 2011.

1. mayhew

mayhew Member

I bought recently Avatar extended edition blu-ray, and there's a deleted scene of Jake taking sort of psychoactive worm and there's a depiction of full blown ayahuasca-like trip, with unfinished computer graphics sadly, but you can see all familiar psychedelic effects like spirals, hyperspace tunnels, even Buddha-like pose that Jake assumes, complete with Baraka inspired ambient music.

There's also a 30 min documentary about James Cameron going to Amazon, visiting local chiefs etc.

Suddenly it hit me - James Cameron had ayahuasca! He must have. Well, the 'trip' scene is dead giveaway already, but there's also 'accidental' mention of DMT in one of the deleted scenes, where Col. Quarritch says to soldiers 'don't forget to take your DMT's!', DMT here being a sort of personal tag thingie.

Whatever you think about Avatar, some people love it, some hate it, but now it definitely has a psychedelic connection.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Jumpers: was theoretically an Inhalant movie,, David Rice is a high school student in Ann Arbor, abandoned by his mother at five, enamored with Millie, a fellow student, and picked on by at least one classmate. On a winter's day, while about to drown, he discovers he can transport himself instantaneously to anyplace on earth...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3mhgVRu1Q"]YouTube - Drowning, Spanish-language - Inhalant Abuse PSA

Movies are movies.. Make of them what you wish.. :2thumbsup:

one could theorize George Lucas Sniffed glue.. Sure played with alot of xwingmodel.jpg

A drug is a drug is a drug..

3. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

interesting. I still don't think I want to watch it though

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

considering most those that have viewed it, dont even know what Dmt is. And Avatar wouldnt start some new Psychedelic revolution .. ever!