Growing mushrooms using a spore syringe

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Smokeface, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Smokeface

Smokeface Guest

There is several methods for growing mushrooms and most of them start by using a spore syringe, a liquid culture, or live spawn transfer.

The most common method is to use a multi-spore syringe. This is mushroom spores mixed with water inside a syringe ready for injection. If you need to learn more about how spores are formed and how mushrooms reproduce click here.

This spore syringe method is reliable and effective but using a liquid culture or live spawn is much faster as the mycelium is already active. When you start with spores the spores need to take time to germinate and come to life, then start colonizing the substrate and form into mycelium. So if you have it available it is best to start with an already live liquid culture or spawn. Click to learn more about liquid culture and live spawn.

Using a spore syringe to inoculate a substrate
    You can get a spore syringe by purchasing one online from a reliable vendor like Spores101.com ( enter code shroomtalk for 5$ off ). Once you have the spores syringe you will also need to acquire a substrate that works with the mushroom you want to grow. You can view a variety of substrates here. Be sure to select a pre-sterlized substrate as that is what is needed to work with spores. The substrates that are not already sterilized are meant to be used with a casing technique later on.

A good substrate that works with almost every type of spores is the Compost Substrate Bags. This reliable form of substrate has a small patch of rye grain berries that will allow the spores to take hold faster, then move onto colonizing the compost.

Youtube Video on how to use a spore syringe with a rye grain grow bag

Once you have inoculated the substrate you need to incubate it until it is fully colonized. This can take between 1-3 weeks, and even sometimes longer depending on the species of mushroom growing and the environment conditions. You want it to be warm and dark maintaining the incubation temps required for the species of mushroom you want to grow, usually between 79-82D. F.

However you also need to account for the natural heating that the colonizing mycelium creates, it can produce a degree or more of heat while consuming the substrate. To much heat can stunt growth and cause contamination, to little heat can also stunt growth but won't cause as much damage, it will just slow down and even stop colonizing if it gets to cold. This is a good method for mycelium storage, leaving it in the fridge.

You should check the incubation status often and see the growth, you should start to see areas of white forming around the main injection points within 10 days of inoculation. After that it will spread consistantly and should gather speed as it gets larger. You can see the mycelium reaching out as it consumes the substrate and taking up any space. Soon it will connect with itself and form a solid mass of mycelium or live spawn.

Picture of mycelium colonizing a compost bag <

Once the myceium has fully colonized the entire mass of the substrate you can move onto the next step. From there you can fruit the mushrooms directly inside the bag or break up the mycelium and use it with a casing layer to grow even more mushrooms that are much larger, and get multiple flushes.

To learn more about using the mycelium with a casing technique click here.

Checkout the Mushbox Casing Kit, everything you need except spores or live spawn.

1 person likes this.
  2. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

Question... are you affiliated with mushbox, seems you and your friend on youtube promote them a lot.
    You posted at least 18 links to mushbox in like a 15min window... also you must type real fast... If these are copy&paste you really oughta wrap quotes, and say where its quoted from= mushbox.

1 person likes this.
  3. Smokeface

Smokeface Guest

Hey man I paid to advertise here.

And it is an informative article. Nobody is forcing you to click the links.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.

What if I gave a free spore syringe away to the next 3 people who respond to this thread?

4. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

ide take one lol

5. SoulVibrations

i'll take a Panaeolus Cyansecens cambodian, is mushbox apart of spores101? mushbox doesn't sell spores on the site.

I am not offended, and whether it was you that paid for ad space or not, these posts still break the spamming policies of these forums. Being a business owner and all you should want to promote it in a way that doesn't jeopardize your ability to do so.

EDIT =
    congrats on the sticky by the way, the mods obviously have no problem with your posts, that's all that matters i guess

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

As far as Im aware he is not violated any the guidelines..

Mushroom Agriculture is a Legit business, its you the consumer of product need be aware of local laws.... Many people begin cultivating mushrooms and are never heard from again. This is because they have found a life: In Mycology. It consumes them.. [​IMG]

Ill check into the guideline thing.

7. SoulVibrations

I wasn't really talking legal, just thought maybe it was against spamming rule, but i guess not since its just a copy&paste from the site.

8. Smokeface

Smokeface Guest

I understand what your saying. If it was just links I would consider it spam, however it is useful information and should answer some common questions before they are asked.

So the first people to reply to the thread were:

tattooedcre8tion

SoulVibrations

orison319

To claim your free spore syringe please visit www.spores101.com and create an order for the item you want. Then choose MAIL as payment method. Then send me the order number in a PM here... I will get spores101.com to ship the order at no charge as if it was a regular customer order. This way you can get support and all that from them.

And to answer your question, Mushbox and Spores101 are 2 different websites based in different locations. However they are both owned by the same parent company Innersight Trading.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

cool beans..

10. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

holy shit i thought dude was jokin...well thank you very much holmes..

11. SoulVibrations

:eek:

hooray for us...

12. Smokeface

Smokeface Guest

Oh and apparently I can't get PM's here for some reason.

Please send your order number to sales@spores101.com and mention this thread on hipforums , they will know what is up and mark the order as paid.

You should get an email after that showing a ship date and tracking if available.

13. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

ok i sent my email..waiting game lol

wow that was quick already got the email responding telling me its taken care of..

14. Smokeface

Smokeface Guest

Thats how they do business at Spores101.com and Mushbox.com.

I have a full grow log coming up I can post it covers the entire process from start to finish for a full casing kit. You can get all the ingredients yourself and do it at home or you can purchase the all in one kit at Mushbox.

Anyway you will see.. its easy and it makes a Sh$*load of potent mushrooms.

15. NoFunSober

NoFunSober Guest

I'm so jealous of you all!!!!! I'm 25 years old and NEVER had the pleasure of trying the little "fun-gi" I'm so fucking anxious!!! Somebody help me!!! I'm an avid kush smoker and perc popper, need something to help me with my "third eye"!!!!!!

16. SoulVibrations

where is it that you seek guidance?

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

for one: spore places will not ship to georgia..

18. tattooedcre8tion

tattooedcre8tion Member

mine arrived yesterday...thanks again

19. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

You can PM once you reach 20 posts. Thanks for advertising at hipforums.com

20. Turban Juice

Turban Juice Member

I just orderd my first syring and some pre-strilized jars to aswell, saw that you gave out some free spores that woulda been cool.

Best wishes, I plan on ordering my next syringe rom spores101