26 replies to this topic

#1 Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 11:01 AM

And so did every single one of you.

There may be threads pertaining to "the game" but does anyone know how/where this game got started and how long its been around?
Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.
Posted Image

#2 RooRshack

RooRshack

On Sabbatical

• PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 04:03 PM

It's from everyones favorite meme generating random board on everyones favorate meme generating 'chan site.

I can't say more, I try not to break rules 1&2... god knows I lecture enough people in public about em'.

I'm not sure if that's where the game started, it may have come from 2chan or somewhere else, and have been popularlized by the site of which I speak....

Whenever I see ten year olds screaming about the game I wonder if they post OC, or if they are just the cancer....

RIP cosmoknot.

image.php?u=191931&type=sigpic&dateline=

Missing at ocala: A true feminist, rumored to be traveling with bigfoot and a man of impeccable scottish credentials.

#3 Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 09:50 PM

It's from everyones favorite meme generating random board on everyones favorate meme generating 'chan site.

I can't say more, I try not to break rules 1&2... god knows I lecture enough people in public about em'.

I'm not sure if that's where the game started, it may have come from 2chan or somewhere else, and have been popularlized by the site of which I speak....

Whenever I see ten year olds screaming about the game I wonder if they post OC, or if they are just the cancer....

I know but still this a free speech forum where we should discuss this phenomenon. I first head of the game from my room mate who used to live on the road for a few years. He was a wondering hitchhiker and he said he first heard it staying with some people in Arizona in the early 2000's.
Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.
Posted Image

#4 InvisibleLantern

InvisibleLantern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 04:26 PM

"The game was invented in 1977 by members of the Cambridge University Science Fiction Society (CUSFS) who would regularly meet at the Horse and Groom pub (Kings Street, Cambridge, UK) to drink and discuss game theory."

That is from http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-game

Much older than the internet, for sure! It is the perfect game for channers, but certainly did not originate from there.

#5 RooRshack

RooRshack

On Sabbatical

• PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 04:40 PM

I know but still this a free speech forum where we should discuss this phenomenon. I first head of the game from my room mate who used to live on the road for a few years. He was a wondering hitchhiker and he said he first heard it staying with some people in Arizona in the early 2000's.

You obviously don't know the rules of which I speak... which prevent me from TELLING you about them.... If the rules involve not speaking, you can't speak about them.

As to the original orgin, that's quite interesting lantern... it does, certainally, owe the internet it's popularity though...

RIP cosmoknot.

image.php?u=191931&type=sigpic&dateline=

Missing at ocala: A true feminist, rumored to be traveling with bigfoot and a man of impeccable scottish credentials.

#6 Duck

Duck

quack.

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,857 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 05:06 PM

Fuck, I just lost.

Check out my poetry

Stand up for your rights.

#7 DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 08:05 PM

damnitt i lost. havent lost in like a month.
https://www.hipforum...pictureid=60889

the dancin in the valley the moons the mirror ball
blew open my mind now its an empty room

#8 Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

the word is the bird

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,081 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 18 2011 - 08:06 PM

Al Gore invented the Game....then Chuck Norris kicked the Games ass

#9 stinkfoot

stinkfoot

truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 08:10 PM

I know but still this a free speech forum....

For it to be true freedom of speech one must also be free not to speak.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” -Robert McCloskey

#10 Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona

Back by popular demand!

• PipPipPip
  • 20,467 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 08:29 PM

Son of a bitch.

Click to shop at Herbies Head Shop