My Mom, Pot, and Migraines

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ShortDude, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ShortDude

ShortDude Member

My mom has severe migraines for months on end. Meds don't work, docs can't do anything. She is desperate for relief. She said that she wished she lived in California so she could get mj legally. I offered to get her some but she flipped out. We live in Tennessee and have insanely strict marijuana laws and cops with nothing better to do than bust people for pot. I have friends who have been put on house arrest for it multiple times. I think it could seriously help her but she believes all the bullshit about mj that you hear in the media and isn't cool with me smoking it. Any advice or any arguments to win her over?
    Thanks

Peace

2. ShortDude

ShortDude Member

3. Mind_Explorer

Mind_Explorer Member

You could try to show her facts on the internet about marijuana and educate her on the substance.

It tends to be hard to get people to change there mind when they have there mind set on such facts that and it's against the law.

You have to remember she is your Mom and is supposed to take care of you and keep you out of trouble imagine how she would look if people found out she buys weed off her son and lets him smoke.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

5. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

start tainting her baked goods with pot oil/butter.

6. vigilanteherbalist2

oh and a good massage one a week would probably help her migraines too.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

has she tried megadosing on vitamins?

Magnesium, Calcium, B2 (Riboflavin) and B6 (Pyridoxine) are good for migraines

8. vigilanteherbalist2

ummmm, that doesn't sound too healthy. but, hey...she could try pot instead. you can overdose on vitamins, but not pot. :D

9. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

there is really nothing bad about megadosing on vitamins.. levels as high as 11500mg of niacin have been proven to help people with depression

10. floes

floes Senior Member

its your fault. if you wernt such a bastard child running around doing drugs giving your mom stress like your going to go to jail for smoking that fuckin reefer, maybe if you stopped doing drugs your moms head would get better!!

haha im just giving you shit.

most the time when you smoke your cutting oxygen from your brain, the lack of oxygen to her brain could actually increase her pain.

11. slappyman

slappyman Member

So I'm in the same boat, I've suffered migraines for the last 10 years. Some last a couple of days, others for months. I've done everything the doctors has asked, the seizure meds, I can't take migraine meds because of another problem I have with my brain. I take 100 mg of demerol and only get temporary relief. I've gone as far as letting the doctors give me injections in the back of my head. One thing I don't see mentioned is CoQ10 I take 200 mgs a day. My last flare up, I was into month 3 before I said to heck with it and went out and got ahold of some good cannabis. 2 joints and the cycle was broken. I told my doctor and got the reaction I expected but she did promise to do some reading on the subject, so we'll see if her attitude changes. Good luck.

EDIT: Migraines can actually cause damage to the white matter in your brain.

12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

severe migraines need to be fixed from the root cause up. does she have high BP? is she drinking enough water?
    MJ could help, but theres no way to know if it will help her until she tries it. its not just california that recognizes its value either. other states are likely to come around as well. try finding the activist near you who is working toward it, and see what you can do to help.

ive been self medicating with weed for a long time, i plan to tell my new doc and ask him right out for a recommendation, just so i can be on the right side of the law. for some people the biggest hangup is how the law operates near you. i hope your mom takes the minor risk, or finds another solution for her migraines, and that the mmj laws it your state slacken soon.

13. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

i suffer from migrains as well.but weed only makesthem worse for me unfortunately.ive been throughall the tests and meds.only thing they can tell me is a brain injury from when i was 4 is the cause.only thing that works for me is taking 10-15 excedrin,tylenol or ibuprofens.