Is kratom use a slippery slope?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by M11, Dec 23, 2010.

1. M11

M11 Guest

Hey folks,

I used kratom for the 2nd and 3rd time last night. I had 5 grams and then about 3.5 hours later I had about 7-8 grams. I felt great. I smoke some MJ too and the mix goes very well.

Anyway, how addictive is this stuff? My friend and I really like it; I prefer it over alcohol anytime. Is it a slippery slope to kratom addiction?

M

2. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I would tell you to stay away from it honestly. It certainly does stimulate the mu-opioid receptors, and in high doses, it is highly euphoric IMO. There is no official addiction studies on this as it is a new wave into the States.

The reason I say to be careful is when you say you prefer it over alcohol. That is how I started my opioid addiction to Tramadol, which is VERY similar chemically to Kratom. I used it a something to relax after work, etc. in place of booze. But, I got hooked, even though I take amphetamines and benzos and have never gotten hooked on them.

The thing is the tolerance. What is only 7g now will go up, and up, and up, as your body builds a tolerance. For me, I started with using 50mg of Tramadol to get high. When I got off of the stuff, I was taking 600mg to get the same effects. It only took 8 months to slide down that slope.

So, enjoy it, but keep your eyes open to the tolerance thing. I would just stick with MJ if you like that. I never liked it, but it doesn't build a tolerance like opioids do. Alcohol honestly is crap except maybe in bar-type situations, so it is natural to feel other drugs are better.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Id be careful with it but I dont think its as bad as most full blown opiate addictions. Polydrug use is actually the bigger problem imo.

4. SirItchAlot

SirItchAlot Member

Tell me bout Keaton? I don't no much bout this stuff. Eats the best method to take it?

5. M11

M11 Guest

How long does it take for tolerance to go down? A few days? A couple weeks?

The reason I like Kratom so much is that it doesn't make me feel super impaired and it makes me more energized.

6. mtsyouguy

mtsyouguy Member

Tramadol is garbage...so what is this stuff? Never heard of it...can it compete with Percocet? Lortab? Vicodin? If not...to me it's garbage and it'd say eat em till ya content ...lol

7. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

Kratom only works if you have a very low tolerance, yes it does work but it is not as great as pharms and it's rather expensive....

I did alot of it and never had any issues with addiction..... It's cool stuff, rather fun.
    Tastes like morbid dirty bum wholes tho.

8. M11

M11 Guest

I pretty much only use natural products... weed, shrooms and now kratom...

Kratom does taste pretty horrid. It is pretty bitter, but I like to just make a tea. It smells good when it is brewing... almost like tea, but it has a very sharp, pungent taste to it.

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I'm personally suprised there's still no addiction data on it, I remember it being around for at least 5 years, I think it was showing up around the time I got into drugs...

Never taken it, but as I understand it, it's basically an opiate with a "ceiling", like hydrocodone, which, to some degree, prevents dependence or particularly bad WD's. But even though a bunch of people have tried it, they never seem to do it enough to give any solid data on it, or don't bother... just "oh, this was cool... but I can't be bothered to tell you about it".

I would do some sort of mini personal study on it and report, but that's not my type of drug... I leave my endorphins well enough alone, other than very occasional hydros with friends.

10. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

Cool..... so you have nothing of substance to add what so ever other then you have herd of it and you don't do drugs.....

cool story bro......

If you read my post, I have done it lots and I was took some time to tell you guys about it.

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I don't do drugs? Who the FUCK said that?

I resent your ignorant junkie-tacular implication that opiates alone constitute "drugs". I do drugs that would make your soft ass shit itself. Just not drugs that short circut everything in my brain to make me feel good for a few seconds, at the expense of my ability to even feel NORMAL for the rest of my life.

Now go bang some dope, since that's the only contribution to this situation that anyone could make that could possibly earn respect.

Opiates: for people who can't handle life OR drugs.

12. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

mmmmkay little boy... Get the fuck out of the opiate section then you little bitch.

13. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Sickening overgeneralization, RooR.

14. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Did you just kinda sorta say you do real drugs while we, the little people in the opiate forum do not take real drugs?

OMFG thats the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. Thanks, I fucking needed that. OMG wait till I tell all the guys and girls down at the "We soft asses don't take real drugs" center, they will love this.....

I can only guess you are into mind altering substances because it seems your grip on reality is not very tight.

15. M11

M11 Guest

I have given kratom to some of my friends and they all like it as well. Mmmm... Kratom...

I tried the toss and wash technique last night, and it really is not that bad. I can see how one could just chew the leaf material instead of ingesting it.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I guess "bitch drugs" would be a better description.

Opiates are like sinking into a warm bath of stupid, and then when you get out, you get cold and have to draw another before you even dry off (draw it from your bank account, your moms bank account, your car, your TV, your neighbors TV, or anything else you can get your dirty, self control-less junkie hands on). They're very much real drugs, and unlike other classes of drugs, they always have the same effect. They rape you, while you suck in everyone else you can. And the whole time, you think it's great, you love it, you deny having any problem, and write it off to personal freedom and all.

I phrased that wrong about "real" drugs. The drugs I like magnify reality, while the drugs you like just let you ignore reality, and pretend you're not a worthless piece of shit. And not only that, you can (obviously, from your post, and the two proceeding it) take PRIDE in being a chemicals' bitch.

Also, not sure where you got that about not gripping reality... Again, most drugs, specifically those that I like, magnify reality, opiates shrink it down so far you can't see it.

17. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Wonderful. More entertainment from a boy. Not at all surprised you havent unveiled your DOC. Seriously son, what you need to do is take a step out of the mans life you are pretending to lead, and enjoy your childhood while you can. I fully expect, since your brian isnt completely developed yet, that your Reality magnifying drugs you talk so highly about, will in fact get the best of you at some point, unless of course you are refering to MJ, and if so, I'm gonna sling some spittle in your face from laughing too hard. Now run along and go tell mommy and daddy you are sorry for trying to act all adult like on an internet message board. I'm sure they taught you better, or whats most likely the case, they ignored you ever since you departed the "CUTE" phase not so many years ago. Shoo Shoo run along now, santas coming.....

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yeah, you're right, adults are all on methadone for life, because they took your path to "grow up".

Calling people kids on the internet obviously makes you old and mature, I mean, you implied that you're older than them and are confident in it! Clear proof that your opinion is more valid. And we all know how mature, functional adults do nothing but search out dope all day long.:wheelchair:

And yes, I like smoking marijuana.

19. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

Well said.... That pretty much sums things up in regards to this tool... He talks trash about oppies and says he does drugs that would make soft asses shit them selves and does not even tell us what he does.... Cause we would all laugh at his stupid ass.

He likely drinks bottles of cough syrup.... a DXM fanboy....

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Dex can be cool too... But it's not the kind of thing I'm talking about, it lets you forget things, just like opiates, and I hold nothing against it any more than I do the occasional opiate user.

Opiates are to dull the world. And then even the opiates make you shit yourself when you run out of friends to con out of money. They turn you into a foul worthless person and the whole time, you're defending it. Like you are right now. And you make those problems other peoples while you're forgetting them, because you're too soft to face the music.

Not saying everyone to take an oxy is like that. But you obviously are, because you're defending those who are so strongly.

He said "you're a child because you're just a child, cause you're obviously such a child, go be a child elsewhere, cause I've got 5 bags I gotta shoot in the next 5 minutes to keep from hurting, but you can't understand that this is what real men do, cause you're just a child". You said, "well put". Pretty much sums up opiates, and what I've said about em'.