Ask a Homoeopath

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dynamohumm, Dec 11, 2010.

1. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

that would be me.

I have been qualified/pracitising for over 10 years, and interested for over 20 years.

So...any questions/ailments...ask me:)

BUT PLEASE...

I know a LOT of people dismiss it and dont believe....I didnt make this thread to be bashed, so if ya wanna do that, make your own thread...thankyou

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

zappa fan:mickey: I will definitely keep it in mind if i get sick or need help...how about this...my son wont eat healthy food on a regular basis so i want to augment his diet with a multi vitamin ...any suggestions?
    he is 15,a pot head but otherwise normal and healthy:mickey:

3. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

LOVE Frank.:)

As long as you get a good brand multi, and not a "generic/supermarket" brand, it doesnt matter. The generic ones dont seem to be absorbed as well and "pass straight through " for want of a better description

Different countries and all that, but Metagenics are the only brand supplements I use.

They make a good one called Fibroplex that contains Zinc and Magnesium that I give to my grown up daughters (also smokers) and my 6 y.o. (obviously NOT a smoker):)

4. Alison Wonderland

Alison Wonderland Member

I'm very interested in homeopathy and prefer the natural as opposed to doctors, i hate doctors and well...
    I'm pregant, 15 weeks along, I'm a healthy young 22 year old woman and I'm in the process of trying to find a midwife because i just don't trust doctors... they're glorified baby catchers who are so ready to pump you with drugs!

My question i guess would be what sorts of things to you recomend for pregnant women? health boosts, labor boosters for when/if I'm overdue and don't want a hospital induction(i think they are so invasive and needless, and every induction I've heard of turned into a painstaking labor)

thanks, I appreciate it!

5. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I'm glad you started this thread. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression for years now. I have learned how to deal with it, but it still really immobilizes me some days. I wake up sad for no reason, I cry for no reason, I get frustrated a lot as well. I have tried being on medication, but I don't like how they make me feel.

6. Alison Wonderland

Alison Wonderland Member

@ mayqueen
    I can suggest trying st john's wort OR HTP-5 ... both pills can be found at the drug store or even wal mart (though i suggest trying to find quality) but they are completely natural and I've tried them and they definitely helped me feel better.
    Good luck

OH! and i totally forgot to include the fact that I'm also a MAJOR Zappa fan! Dina moe hum is one of my favourites... TINA TURNER! haha

Rip zappa<3

7. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

I've taken 5-htp after I've rolled so yeah I can see how it would work other times as well. I've never tried St John's Wort though. Which works better?

8. Alison Wonderland

Alison Wonderland Member

it depends on what you want it for, i'm not totally sure but for anxiety and such I'd use st john's wort... also I have tried both and felt st john's wort was far more effective and helped more.

9. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

Sorry all..I had no idea anyone had posted.

Allison....folic acid of course for starters....and its best to treat any problems as they come up....

To speed up a difficult labour cimicifuga is excellent (herbal is black cohosh)....but its best prescribed by a practitioner as it can work TOO well.

LOTS of remedies for bub when he/she is born.
    mag phos (magnesium phosphate) is a new mums best friend for colic and wind and gas pains.

Chamomilla for whingy clingy teething bubs...

SO much on offer....if possible, when your going in to labour, make sure they DONT jab you or bub with any needles after birth (unless its the one for Rhesus factor)

If i ever dont get back to this thread...pm me.

10. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

Hi may queen.

This is a more "one on one" consult, as we treat "YOU"...not the "depression" as such.
    Your remedy for depression/anxiety would be totally different to say mine for instance.
    St Johns Wort, as suggested is a great herbal for depression, but very "generic' so may not give the results you want if you have been suffering for a while.

I a happy to do a more in depth consult via pm if you like, but would otherwise suggest you go see a "classical" Homoeopath for a proper consult.
    You could also try a Bach Flower mix. Not Rescue Remedy, but see a practitioner (or pm me).

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I found this thread just in time...I have a sprained ligament in my neck. Basically my only options are to take muscle relaxers, ibuprofen, and wait for it to heal. I hate muscle relaxers and don't really like the idea of even taking Ibuprofen, do you know any herbal remedies that will help relax my muscles or speed up the healing process?

12. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

Arnica. You can get a cream or a remedy to take internally. 12c dose for the remedy. You can do both too if you like.

It wont help with the pain much, but it will help with the healing process and speed it up.:)

13. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

St John's Wort is amazing. Take it from me, it's worth giving a go (I'm a previous sufferer of severe mood swings/anger/depressive spells/feeling flat and I am now stable and fine) It takes a while to build up in your system, but it's completely worth it, and side effects are rare.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

awesome thank you so much! I hope you stick around these forums, I have a feeling i'm going to need your professional opinion again :)