***Please Show Your Messages Of Support And Solidarity With UK Student Fightback*****

Discussion in 'Activism' started by GNM2010, Dec 5, 2010.

1. GNM2010

GNM2010 Guest

Hi guys,
    I gathered this would be the perfect forum to send out this message.
    There is a huge campaign in the UK as there has been across Europe against the government’s austerity measures .
    The Governments across the world are penalising hard working innocent people for this global recession.
    We are not to blame. We did not cause this mess. Capitalism has failed us. It isn’t working.

I am working on a grass roots campaign in the UK using nothing but my camcorder to get out there and interview people from across all walks of life to gather how the cuts are affecting them.
    This coming Thursday 9th December, parliament in the UK will vote on increasing university student fees, which will deeply affect students from less well off families.

This cannot be fair. We cannot have a system where only wealthy people can afford to go to university.
    As you may have seen on the news, there has been widespread protests across England against the raising of the student fees. This coming Thursday the 9th December is pivotal. We need direct action against the government.

I am putting this message out there to help me out. The idea is for as many people to forward messages of solidarity with the students.
    These can be in the form of video clips of yourself recording a message of solidarity for the UK student protestors or a picture of yourself with a message.
    The videos and pics will be put up on Youtube and across hundreds of Facebook pages and various activist websites here in the UK and will go along way to inspire many people over here. Its a global struggle therefore global support is necessary.

HOW TO SEND YOUR MESSAGES OF SUPPORT
    If you’d be kind enough to participate with a message of solidarity, please do so by either sending the pic to my email which is
    Dalnijjar@hotmail.co.uk
    http://www.************/dalnijjar
    Include your name and where you are from. Your details will be published on the video if you don’t want me to do this just let me know.
    If you are sending in a video message please do so in any way you want and just send me the link where I can download it.
    I do recommend uploading your file to Mediafire. However it’s up to you.

Thanks for the support
    Dal

2. Pure eVol

Pure eVol Guest

This Thursday, a local Missouri University is holding a protest against some "austerity" measures that were very illegally passed last week, effectively shutting down unions in Wisconsin. I believe we may be fighting for the same cause, if on different fronts.

If your message is not obsolete by now, I wish you luck in your fight, though I don't know how much help an American can be for your cause.