Walmart receipt checking

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by ThePoetSappho, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

in other words, you have no counter arguments to my links.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

lol come on man...if you're concerned about people being sheep, there are far more serious and pressing issues than wal mart receipt checking.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yeah I'm not gonna pay more than I have to for shit... are you rich?

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

hahahahha.
    thats a point. your counter argument doesn't hold up. you can't sit around and call people sheep if you aren't even willing to sacrifice a few things in order to avoid shopping at wal mart. I'm broke as hell but i avoid it.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

there is no difference in prices at wally world compared to other local business.. The only purchases that were ever significant from wallys: was dog food. I have not been in a wal mart store for least 2 yrs now, I have not been to a mcdonald since I was 18ys old- do the math.

Its makes complete sense to have issues with businesses you give yourself to..

This like playing the victim when the cops beat you up ,after a high speed pursuits..
    They didnt ask to become part of your everyday lives, you chose to make them part of your lives..
    they only wanted to see your license.. :bobby:

So when Wally world slams you to the floor. It really makes no difference: since you choose to be there in the first place..

7. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

3. Then I'm sure you know what managers are like.
    2. If you have such a problem with it then either stop supporting their policies by shopping there, or take it up with corporate, not the little guy on the chain who is making minimum wage. That's apathy and cowardice.
    1. Stop being such a colossal bitch.

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I'm not interested in clicking your links because my comment was based on what I have seen with my own eyes, the opposite of being a supposed "sheep"...

9. CanaWay

CanaWay Member

I never really post, but this is something I can not ignore. How in anyway shape of form did the employees in those videos do anything wrong? They are completely harmless, and all they are doing is asking for a customer to show a receipt. The second video is even worse, the customer starts saying that the employee is saying he stole something... He also claims he has no right to ask for the reciept, and that the employee is going to have to apologize, what an idiot.

I can not believe you are going to pretend that showing your receipt is some how an attack on your freedoms, and that refusing to show your receipt somehow hurts Walmart... Refusing to show your receipt, or the very fact that you have a receipt, means that you are supporting Walmart by making purchases there.

If you do not like Walmart, boycott Walmart, do not pretend that you are making a difference by not showing your reciept. All you are doing is harrasing the low level employees who have no more to do with company policy as the customers shopping at Walmart.

Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

10. slappyman

slappyman Member

Usually by the time I get done at Wal Mart I could bite the heads off of small children so if per chance I do set off their beeper and they ask for a receipt I always pull out one I keep in my wallet, it's about 2 feet long and even if I only have 1 bag in the cart I've never been questioned, so I quess they don't care either.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

All that's accomplished in treating the greeters like shit is that they go home thinking you are an asshole. Nothing more. They still have to come in tomorrow and do the same job.

But hey, you sure told them!

12. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

best thing, as i'm sure many have already posted, is to not shop at walmart ever

and leave the poor saps who have to work there alone

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

If I wasn't in the mood to be detained...I'd tell them to issue a complete refund and leave my cart there at the door.....they could check all my items against my receipt after I left with my money back in my pocket :)

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

each time someone purchases something from Guitar Center. You must show the item fully, it then must be written down on a piece of paper, (and that the customer has left the store.. and you show your receipt ..

They basically do a head count, to make sure nobody is hiding in the store when it closes for business. While there isnt many places to hide there. Where there is a will there is a way....

15. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

big deal. all you have to do is show them is a paper.

16. Lostthoughts

Lostthoughts Thostloughts

ahhaahah... this thread is funny

its retarded to think that harassing some acne ridden teenager and his manager (a thirty something year old who's obviously been shit on their entire life if they never made it out of wal mart) is some kind of noble attack on "THE MAN"

This proves nothing.. this would change nothing.. and the kid in the first video (I didnt watch the second, I could hardly make it through the first) came off as a little bitch. Its one thing to know your rights when the police are trying to fuck you over, its another to make a big deal out something that is a minor inconvenience at most, just to piss people off.

grow the fuck up

17. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

some ppl...

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just knock 'em out. That's what I do. Knocked out 7 or 8 of 'em so far. Fuckin' old people! That'll teach the bastards to do their job.

19. Humperdink

Humperdink Member

Does anyone else find it incredibly amusing that this entire thread, point and counterpoint, was created by a person whose signature line is

20. MellowDonna

MellowDonna Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter