20 mg hydrocodone for newbie

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by trojanman2218, Nov 26, 2010.

1. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

I took 20 mg of hydrocodone a couple weeks ago and it was my first time ever doing any opiate and honestly...I felt like it didn't do bearly anything. I was a little slow but that's about it. I just tried it again, cut the pills in half this time, and am hoping for better results. Is it possible that with no tolerance 20 mg wouldn't do anything to me? Everything i've read online says 20 mg should do me real nice for my first time. wtf i'm kinda pissed lol. What do you guys think?

2. Lifex3

Lifex3 Member

It can vary due to your weight. 5mg was enough for me my first time, but I'm a skinny lil fucker.

3. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

I'm skinny too though is the thing. I weight 165. It seems like I never get as messed up as other people on anything. It's frustrating :(

4. Lifex3

Lifex3 Member

Man. That sucks, I don't know what to tell you. You're just an unfortunate one.

5. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

it's better this time...and I just took an extra 7.5(i waited like an hour though damn I hope that wasn't stupid and make it less intense. I cut the pills in half, though, which I heard is supposed to make them last longer, so hopefully in a few minutes here I get feelin reaaaal good.

6. Lifex3

Lifex3 Member

The best thing to do if you're eating them is to crush em up and mix em with water or juice or something, then just take it like a shot.

7. jbiss

jbiss Member

That should be more than enough. 5 mg is all i needed at first and I weigh about 207. it could be in your head dont expect to be crazy stupid high it just puts you in a great mood and makes you wanna get things done. ( at least for me anyway). Dont get hooked on them though it gets expensive I am now up to 45-50 mg per dose 3 times per day it gets expensive.

8. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

hmm...the only thing i'm nervous about is that i'm taking 5/500 vicodin and i'm nervous about taking to much of...idk what it's called but the other ingredient. Do you know how much i could get away with without liver damage?(not a regular user...obviously...)if i'm gonna take more the only problem is that i'm spreading apart when i'm taking them. Should be alright though. But yea i don't do this regularly at all so i'd like to see as much effects as possible.

9. Lifex3

Lifex3 Member

acetaminophen. And you don't have much to worry about with liver damage unless you're doing them constantly.

10. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

Alright cool man thanks for all the help! I took another 5, and some hydroxyzine to potentiate.(forgot about this)

11. Lifex3

Lifex3 Member

Haha. you should be feelin good in no time.

12. trojanman2218

trojanman2218 Guest

Also I have a question about redosing. How does taking a smaller dose a little while later work? I took 20 mg at first, then an hour later an extra 7.5, then just now, a half hour later, another 5.

13. jbiss

jbiss Member

just be careful with the tylenol dont exceed 4000 mg in a day, although I take more than that and am fine but everybody is different. be safe and enjoy.

14. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Everyone has a different drug absorption and metabolism mechanism. For example, hydrocodone is metabolized into hydromorphone (more powerful opioid), which is responsible for a significant amount of the effects. Perhaps you are a weak metabolizer. You might even be taking a medication that is a metabolism enzyme inhibitor. I forget the enzyme for Hydrocodone to Hydromorphone, but it is easily found on the internet.

15. 3head

3head Member

APAP is a killer, stick to 30s they have 0 APAP

16. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

"30s" arent hydrocodone. They are oxycodone, which many find to be a lot more potent. Also '30s', 'perc 30s', 'blues' or roxicodone are in many areas harder to find than vicodin which is dispensed more liberally by doctors.

EDIT: posted this just for clarification purposes.

17. AdReNaLiNeANDheRoIn

AdReNaLiNeANDheRoIn Member

Screw vicodin you have to take so much to get off it makes your stomach sick and snorting any more than 2 500's is difficult. Skip to the roxys and oxys if youre looking to develop an opiate habit. Vicodin make us junkies look like pussies :)

18. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

^lol.

i wouldn't recommend snorting anything with acetaminophen in it. not good for you nose/nasal passages.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Im not into opiates for random recreational purposes but if I got some pain 20 mgs is an amazing spot. Great medicine!

20. AdReNaLiNeANDheRoIn

AdReNaLiNeANDheRoIn Member

hey hahaha i need you to clarify something for me: i really really know my pills and im wondering if u are wrong about a certain thing but i might be too.

are you saying that 30's (blues) of roxy's are the same drug as percs? cuz u said perc 30's (which ive never even heard of) and lumped them in with blues. im confused.

so are u saying that roxy 30's are the same drug as perc? i mean i know theyre opioids but i think roxys and oxys are more complex chemically than percs and vics.