Living Free In The Wild.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by hippykdb, Nov 23, 2010.

1. hippykdb

hippykdb Member

Hi all it has been a while since I posted here. Lots of things have happened to my life over the last year so I've decided that living in the wild is the way for me. I don't choose to live there to be away from people totally, just away from the masses of people; and the rat race that goes along with living in society as it is called today. Sorry about the rambling. I have purchased a 30' trailer frame to build a winterized movable cabin on; I hope to have it done by the middle of January. It will be totally self contained, indoor 12 volt in demand water system so the water won't freeze. It will have a wood stove and propane heater, fully insulated 2x4 walls and thermal pane windows and steel entrance door. It will again have numerous bunks with privacy curtains and their own 12 volt reading light, indoor wash room and shower facilities(small but useable) and kitchen area. Then built on a smaller second trailer(8'x16') a self contained living room with couches and chairs and its own woodstove and propane heater; winterized as the other trailer and attachable to the first trailer. Anyway long story short I have read through the recent posts and noticed a few others have similar ideas of moving to the bush or living self sustainable. So now that I have basically explained my plan of action so to speak I was wondering if others have any interest in my plan; being 1/2 Native Canadian I have unlimited access to the land within my band area. If you have read any of my other post I usually camp in an area of great abundance of fish, game, berries and natural resourses. Anyway sorry about the long post(so much to explain); if anyone is interested in joining me or wishing to set up with me using their own equipment; or any questions please post or PM me, thanks Kevin

2. Irina

Irina Member

Hey, I just read 'Custodians" by Dolores Cannon - she has been regressing UFO-abductees under hypnosis, and writes about the whole 'star-people-scene" out there, if you will live in the wilderness, you have a huge chance of being invited to the ship...It's so awesome. Scary, but awesome. They are actually truying to help us out...

3. hippykdb

hippykdb Member

I have a hard time believing people don't want to be able to live free in the wild? The area I'm talking about sharing is one of the most beautiful areas in Northern Ontario; mountains and valleys, streams, rivers and lakes full of fish; tons of moose, deer, bears, grouse, ducks, rabbits etc. I get 80 to 90% of my yearly meat off the land; I pick blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc to eat fresh and to freeze for later use. We have local farmers including the Amish who sell or trade top grade organic vegetables and meat. This is just a small view of what the area has to offer; please feel to ask any question about anything you want to know. Kevin

4. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

I'm working towards going off grid like you speak of Kevin, but I'm a 1 or 2 years away from that as I wait for my career to come to an end (long story) Best of luck to you man and please keep posting.

5. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I would LOVE this!!

6. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Hey Kevin... feel free to drop by our place whenever you want... We even have room for you to set up your trailer where you wouldn't have to move it anymore...

7. hippykdb

hippykdb Member

Thanks Tom the offer is much appreciated I will probably take you up on the visit but not till the spring. My exsisting trailer is not so winter insulated thats why I'm building the other all season trailers. I'm going through to Cochrane to fish as soon as the ice has broke on the lakes; so I'll stop on my way back, we'll keep in touch till then.
    Just though I'd update the progress on the new trailers; I took the axles and leaf springs off and welded a plate on top of the axle tube so that the leaf springs can be relocated to the top of the axle tube so it can be overslung. This will give the trailer more height and to give better clearance so that it easier to travel over rough terrain. This week I will rewire the frame for lights and brakes; this will be much easier to do now before the cabin of the trailer is built on the frame. Anyway everyone take care and be safe; and if anyone is interested and wants to know more drop me a line or post away. Kevin

8. Glowstick

Glowstick member

I always love hearing about people doing this, their experiences and most of all I love pictures! If possible you should post some pics of your set up :) Very interesting ty

9. hippykdb

hippykdb Member

Hi I guess it would be time for little update. Well not a lot of construction going on to much damn snow. All new tires purchased but sitting in my shed,same with the metal roofing to do the roofs and probably enough lumber and sheeting to enclose the trailers. A few windows bought but still more to get plus the doors; be ready to start building as soon as the snow melts and the temp warms up. Other than that not much new just me running around the bush fishing some of the lakes and running a small trapline; and I'll take some pictures of the area I've talked about in earlier posts and figure how to post them here. Anyway talk to everyone soon, drop me a line if anyone has any interest and I'll get back to you. Take care and be safe. Kevin

10. jaren420

jaren420 Member

That sounds amazing man! Im currently just drifting around. Plan on covering the earth. After all the journeys I plan on doing exactly what your doing. well that or get extremely political. im drifting around the east right now so if you need help or anything let me know and ill be more than willing to help out.

11. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

were u at tom i should be up in canada hopefull (depending on the passport deal) after winter let me no ywarpeace@yahoo.com

12. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

were u at cuz that what i plan on doing maybe start our own little traveling tribe, i have a couple of people interested now hit me up

13. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

Kevin, your plan sounds great. Not sure its for me as I dont care for cold weather? My approach is similar but with a 21 ft mini bus. I've been working on it for a year and its awesome. I plan to tour the SW USA and get back to nature. I will be using mostly solar for power but will be dependent on mostly store bought food at first.

Hope it works for you man and maybe I can get up that way in the summer months?

Ken

14. SunBurstDreamer

SunBurstDreamer Guest

15. Astropalm

Astropalm Guest

Hey Kevin, would love to join you out there, dont mind the cold, its one of the few things that reminds me im alive. how can we communicate more direclty ?