New Marijuana Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by lunarverse, Nov 23, 2010.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

"Now patients can say goodbye to the buzz. You're looking at a newly identified strain of cannabis that experts say is high in the healing compounds called CBD, but contain low levels of euphoric producing THC."

"One of the demonstrated effects of CBD on laboratory animals is that is slows, stops or in some cases even reverses the growth of cancer tumors."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ73a3aCzCM&feature=player_embedded#!

2. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

lol

this has been known and studied for a while now.

say goodbye to the buzz? heh. i think not

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah its called smoking leaf.. duh.... There isnt any euphoric high really with Leaf from immature plants. though the CBD for pain relief is present big time.. 9but youll sort of bee pissed off youre not high.... so that kinda ruins that.. :p

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I wonder if they have done studies on the mental healing properties of THC versus this strain containing low levels of THC. The mind is a very powerful tool in healing, especially in cancer. Cancer patients are often assigned psychologists that help them train their mind to mentally fight cancer. I am sure the euphoric buzz from THC goes a long way in mentally preparing someone to do battle with cancer.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What about all the other ailments besides cancer cannabis can be used for?

6. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I think this "new strain" is meant for pain relief without the psychoactive effects. They just gave the cancer relief as an example.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No I mean like having to listen to the Grateful Dead. Jk jk

I missed the video link when I posted that.

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I mean, yes, you won't be giggling stoned, you'll be couchlocked for 5 hours stoned, if I have my cannabinoids strait....

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

something like that. after smoking, consuming much leaf.. I dont really feel high, but I dont feel like doing to much either... its a much different effect than that of degraded buds. /which get you that ill high feeling, boring to no buzz...

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Is there a lot of CBN in leaf? maybe I'm thinking CBD? does that sound right?

Whatever I'm thinking, I know high grade hash in the netherlands is often assayed for it and THC? and that it has like half as much of it as THC?

11. euphoriaforall

euphoriaforall Member

the cure for cancer is marijuana? how funny :) even if it was the pigs still wouldnt legalize it

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

....known this a looooong ass time, where have you been?