Sea Shepards

Discussion in 'Animal Advocates Support' started by ThePoetSappho, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Sea Shepards are a wonderful group of people who are fighting to stop the killing of whales, dolphins, sharks, and other sea animals
    http://www.seashepherd.org/
    I was watching "Whale Wars", and I wonder why aren't we taking more drastic measures? Sea Shepards shoot apples with stink bombs inside onboard the factory ships to spoil the meat... I honestly wonder, why not rocket launchers? Why not guns?

2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

people aren't breaking international laws by killing whales.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

impo its a made for television .. weeeeeeeeeee ski boat eludes fishing trawler. bFd..... water cannons... pttf.. They kill whales with firearms and harpoons..

you ever think the united states violated human rights by dropping nuclear weapons on the people of japan? And I wouldn't doubt this war game was conducted with the approval of the Emperor .. The towns hit during the nuclear tests were not even military targets. They were civilian target. pttf. whales!!

4. High Plaines Drifter

High Plaines Drifter Member

[​IMG]

The Japanese are around dead whales all day, I don't think the activists throwing rotten butter will stop them. If they really want to stop the Japanese they need to step up their ecoterrorism tactics a wee bit. If there really willing to give their lives for whales why don't they just suicide bomb them?

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

just nuke japan again and get it over with .. really..

did you ever see the starving number of people after Katrina?

and your worried about whales a 1/2 a world aways...

you need your priorities straightened out.

them punk kids and the captain are making a substantial income.. You know how much fuel that piece of shit boat uses an hour?..

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Its sickening the way they harpoon these animals, and the whales and dolphins thrash around... the water turns red... they're suffering and in pain.... then they're dragged onto the boat, bleeding to death and unable to breath, then they are cut open while still alive and suffering.

7. Tisha

Tisha Member

I love Whale Wars and support them and their mission completely. I had the privilege of meeting Capt. Paul Watson in 1996 at the March for the Animals in D.C. and he seems to be a very kind and devoted person. I think at the time I met him, he had recently been released from jail in Norway because of his activism. We need more people like him.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the Japanese have a right to continue their traditional practises...I just wish they'd be less commercial about it

as for the sea shepherds..they are simply hooligan terrorists who use and abuse whatever laws they "think" are right...and they completely disregard following them themselves

I watched the whole last season just because I thought it was funny the way they try to disable ships with prop lines and then get all pissed off when one hits them

9. kaitlinmichelle

kaitlinmichelle Member

I love Whale Wars! And about what others said, why the Sea Shepherds don't hurt the Japanese whaling ships, I don't think they should. By physically harming them, they would be doing what the whalers are doing to the whales-- just killing doesn't solve anything.
    They are trying to get press, get public support (both good things because them there's a probability that more people will support them and want to help.) and trying to send a message to Japanese whalers that although they are not violent, they are persistent.

10. Akosthegoose

Akosthegoose Guest

My dream would be to be able someday to work with this group think they are great!