• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Grits Mom

Grits Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted December 28 2011 - 06:40 PM

Another book to check out is the "The Teenage Liberation Handbook: how to quit school and get a real life and education" by Grace Llewellyn..

I too, recommend this book. :daisy:

#32 Grits Mom

Grits Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted December 28 2011 - 06:46 PM

Let me add this.... I did buy this book... "The Unschooling Unmanuel"... you can find it on Amazon at http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0968575455

And there is also "The Unschooling Handbook : How to Use the Whole World As Your Child's Classroom" at http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_1

Hope this helps someone. :daisy:

#33 The Center

The Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted January 28 2012 - 02:54 PM

If u mean forget all the crap they try and fill ur head with at school, yeah man ive been there. Not in the sence of knolage just the brain wasing propergander, u could ask for an example tho ive since forgotten, just living free. Could u tell me ur thoughts and opinions?

You know, some of that brain washing propaganda that they teach in schools can actually help you make sense of the knowledge that can be harnessed from understanding how to harness the English language correctly. I've got a feeling though that you where not properly "brainwashed".

(BTW, school might have a ton of useless information, but using language properly is the most important thing anyone can ever learn, whether from public or private schooling, home schooling, or any other form of education.)

#34 Rubber Donkey

Rubber Donkey

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 10:53 PM

I have a daughter that we have recently started home schooling here in Phoenix, AZ. Does anyone know of any local groups of like minded individuals? I know she would love to make some other friends that are home schooled.

By the way, I cant believe we waited this long to get her out of the government school system. I only hope we can get her brother out before it's to late.LOL

#35 lithium

lithium

frogboy

• PipPipPip
  • 10,054 posts

Posted March 03 2012 - 08:10 AM

definatley how i would teach.

Would you teach them that's how you spell definitely?

I continued to grow my hair, then I had dreads, then I brushed out the dreads and now I have long hair again. How terribly exciting. But yeah, did we all just grow up?

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company