34 replies to this topic

#11 odon

odon

Slightly Popular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,689 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 05:52 AM

If u mean forget all the crap they try and fill ur head with at school, yeah man ive been there. Not in the sence of knolage just the brain wasing propergander, u could ask for an example tho ive since forgotten, just living free. Could u tell me ur thoughts and opinions?

Even if you are "un-schooled" I think spelling is still important.

I think the thread is about dreadlocks. Maybe fashion and crafts. Lets presume all three. Let's go there, people.

#12 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted December 16 2010 - 03:35 AM

Even if you are "un-schooled" I think spelling is still important.

:smilielol5: Odon, your grammar is the worst I've seen from a regular poster on this site. Now you're also the biggest hypocrite. It's still kind of endearing though.

I was talking to her about this recently - telepathically, since she blocked me on facebook last year. :D

If there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in,
then what sort of a hippy free-for-all is this?

Posted Image

#13 odon

odon

Slightly Popular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,689 posts

Posted December 16 2010 - 04:12 AM

:smilielol5: Odon, your grammar is the worst I've seen from a regular poster on this site. Now you're also the biggest hypocrite. It's still kind of endearing though.

You obviously don't read many posts. Plus, I was talking about spelling not grammar.

I think the thread is about dreadlocks. Maybe fashion and crafts. Lets presume all three. Let's go there, people.

#14 Fingermouse

Fingermouse

Helicase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted December 16 2010 - 04:28 AM

You obviously don't read many posts. Plus, I was talking about spelling not grammar.

I've read enough of your posts, believe me. You're shit at spelling, too. No hard feelings though Ody, it's cute.

I was talking to her about this recently - telepathically, since she blocked me on facebook last year. :D

If there isn't room here for people who stand against everything you believe in,
then what sort of a hippy free-for-all is this?

Posted Image

#15 odon

odon

Slightly Popular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,689 posts

Posted December 16 2010 - 04:38 AM

I've read enough of your posts.

Awww, thanks.

You're shit at spelling, too.

There is nothing wrong with my spelling, aside from the odd typo, butch.

Ody, is cute.

Aww, thanks. What's next on your list? My sense of humour?

#16 Oake

Oake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 12:14 PM

I unschool my children. We use a relaxed online curriculum just to cover the basics but beyond that we just learn through life.

#17 Bumble

Bumble

• PipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted January 31 2011 - 08:24 PM

According to John Holt, a child has to WANT to learn how to spell. :P
Posted Image

#18 Valdis

Valdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted March 28 2011 - 05:58 PM

I think unschooling from the beginning is a great way for kids to learn with the natural passion that kids and almost all human beings have to learn before school stomps it out of them.

To me, unschooling means following the interests of the students and what happens in life on a day to day basis.

For instance, if you child is into bugs, you get bug books, videos and such at the library. During gardening, in the backyard or at the park or anywhere you and your child uses those times and places to notice bugs known and unknown to them.

#19 WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted April 05 2011 - 05:46 AM

We are unschooling our kids. This is our "first" year, by that I mean the first official year that government mandates kids start in their structured system. In reality kids, and everyone, is constantly learning and unschooling is just fostering and helping that along. Our 3 year old already knows all the letters. It is passion she has and we help her whenever she is interested. This is really how "education" should be. When you take an interest in your kids' education you really see how different each person's learning style can be, which shows you how flawed public education really is.

I can see a big difference between our kids and my nephew who goes to public school. He has such a hard time and gets really frustrated, and I don't blame him.

Really in my opinion I don't see why we still have public education. With all the easy access to information we have these days, such as libraries and the internet, people can easily learn just about anything they want without going to a school building.

If anyone wants to discuss unschooling and homeschool feel free to send a message. :)

Live your life in happiness, even though those around you lead lives which are unhealthy, and wish to spread their illness to you. Be Happiness itself. - Buddha

#20 A flowerchild's journey

A flowerchild's journey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 07:46 PM

hahaha I wish my mom believed in "unschooling" half the crap i learn im never acctually going to use or come accross ever ... and yet if i dont get a certain grade i fail and i wind up in a pretty crappy situation....