The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV' started by dabla, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I was thinking of not watching the show anymore in case they use good parts from the books and turn them into soap opera-y crap.

Liked the first season alright, despite a bit of melodrama but this second one is ridiculous.

2. Koryssa_RUS

Koryssa_RUS Member

I never have seen TV like this, until now, of course. I was terrified, but I can not stop watching this! A very cool series.

3. psimmn

psimmn Guest

This series blows.

I think the first episode was the only time I was actually interested, but by the end of season 1, I was bored out of my mind.

The zombie action is not exciting, suspenseful or scary. It's just mindless gore that isn't even all that well done. It looks good, but it's boring.

The drama is even worse. Nothing ever happens. The characters appear, are boring, and then they die.

The worst part is that I really really really wanted to like this show, and I kept watching it until finally it was just too boring.

4. dreadlocksftw

dreadlocksftw Visitor

This series sucks.

Like, a lot.

Have you guys read the graphic novels? They're MAGNITUDES better. It's not like comparing Harry Potter novels to the movies, it's more like comparing Twilight to Shakespeare.

5. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

If you are into zombie type stuff, and into drama, because there is a whole lot of drama inbetween actual 'fun' zombie killing episodes or hilarious like the first season with the ahem 'mexican' stand off, I'm Mexican American so I can say whatevr I want about it, anyways, gets boring some episodes are just all BS, but in the greater perspective I enjoy the show, I try to watch it when it's on, and seem to like the first season a little more, but some of the new episodes seem like they are just the same thing repeated with some character development. The whole psycho shane thing is getting on my nerves he's completely unstable but nothing happens (or atleast before I missed the newer episodes) I enjoy the graphic novels though, so won't hurt to watch some of it. Netflix has the first season online, can get a free trial or if you already have it check it out.

6. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Hey Blackcat, just a minor suggestion for you in the future,

When one of your favorite Books or Graphic novels is turned into a movie, if you do go see it, try to disassociate it from the story as told in your minds eye, it's usually just a similar story as interpreted by another fan of the same literature (OR a corporate leach out to make a buck on a trend of course)

But before you go into the theater, forget everything you know about the story and see what you think of it, not your expectation of it based on an outward perception of the original work.

Not to say it will make every movie enjoyable to you, but I'll bet your "Favorites list" will grow exponentially. :cheers2:

7. Fitch3k

Fitch3k Member

it's zombies! so I watch it, but it's pretentious, heavy handed, and has god awful characters, who are archetypes instead of people, that's what I think of the writing.

the filmmaking part is incredible though, great shots, well used pauses, perfect editing and sound.

that and given the rest of tv's writing is pretty bad, I say this show is above average.

8. bdaysuitjohn

bdaysuitjohn Member

this is one of my fav shows on right now cant wait for the season finale
    ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Why bother lowering your standards, when there are so many great things, masterpieces even, already out there (even if most of it isn't current)?

I'm all for judging each as it's own -- but some comparison is inevitable, and bad things deserve harsh criticism to hopefully lower their profitability.

There are good Batman movies and there are bad Batman movies -- and hopefully by now everyone knows to stay the hell away from 'Batman and Robin'; but 'Batman Returns' and the Nolan films are safe bets.
    And really; it's the bad ones who receive the most comparison to the source material.

10. FritzDaKatx2

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE BUG OUT BAG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] X2

[​IMG] X250'

11. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

i like it

12. FritzDaKatx2

[​IMG] And dress for the occasion,,, fiberglass should do,,,

13. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Best show ever. Can't wait for the next season.

14. FritzDaKatx2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAQuLntqXY"]The Walken Dead - YouTube

2 people like this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Many of the characters are 1 or 2 dimensional, but they are usually the ones who end up dying.

This new season is gonna be awesome. It is off to a good start with new characters who are unpredictable.

I know I'm a heartless asshole for saying this, but I was actually glad that Lori died. I was sad for the situation at the time with her giving birth at the time of the zombies. But Lori was an annoying little **** who pissed me off the entire first and especially the second season. She had a superiority complex and was a rotten bitch to Shane and Rick. And the worst part was how she was a guest on Hershel's family farm, she steals Maggie's car to go out aimlessly looking for her husband only to wreck the car and nearly get killed.

She won't be missed.

16. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i feel the same way

17. Vongaelly

Vongaelly Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm really enjoying The Walking Dead, I haven't seen season 3 yet, so excited for it though :3

18. Joe Hippie

Joe Hippie Member

I like it. But...i dont like that they put a break in the middle of season 3

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I do not like it either when the show takes a break near the end of the season. It is a good way to lose viewers, because some people lose interest in the show if it is off the air too long.

20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How is it that this dumb broad keeps allowing herself to constantly get manipulated by the Governor and still stays with him even after she saw that room full of heads! She needs to be the next one to die. But at least she's only half as horrible as Lori.