Barefoot at a Disney Park?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by StraightToes, Oct 24, 2010.

1. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

Has anybody gone without shoes for the day at a Disney park? :mickey: No, not the water park (e.g., Splash Mountain), but the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, etc.? Just wondering how they react.

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

they say, "oh look, some blokes not wearing any shoes..." :frown:

3. cattard

cattard Member

I didn't know there was a Disneyland in England

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

there isn't. What's your point?

5. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

i would like that

6. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

Cant imagine them caring at all, its a theme park. Bare feet just mean one less lost shoe or flippy flop. Im thinking about dropping some LSD and going to Islands Of Adventure at some point, thinking Ill go without kicks now... just to see if they say anything. Probably get some foot fungus waiting in line or something

7. hillman30

hillman30 Member

The original one would not allow barefoot people in and probably still doesn't it being a very uptight company. I imagine Fla is like that too. It would be fun to try or to take off flip flops once inside and see how long you last before security comes and whisks you away. It probably wouldn't take long since they have security people and cameras all over the place....maybe throw the flips away so they'd be forced to walk you out barefoot. A sorta barefoot walk of shame, as it were.

8. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

I've spent the day in flip-flops at both Disneyworld and Disneyland. By the end of the day my feet were swelling and my soles were getting achy from sliding around in the flip-flops. I've also gone in sneakers and my feet would swell uncomfortably in the confinement. I never paid attention, but I'd imagine a lot of folks would be walking out barefoot by the end of the day. Why not just start out that way? I wonder if they have a policy on their website?

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Till the 60's they didn't let men in with long hair.

10. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

I didnt know this. It might be a cool protest to have a bus load of people go, none wearing shoes. TOMS has a day where they ask people to not wear shoes to raise awareness of the children without shoes in countries suffering from poverty. I went to school without shoes, no problem. Id like to see a large amount of people do the same thing at a theme park or something of the sort where shoes are required.

Shoes are a luxury and should never be required of anyone.

11. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Disney is just uptight. You can't work for them if you have a beard or mustache even tho walt had the latter. You could probably get away with barefeet at other theme parks. And yes straight, I agree. As I mentioned the other week I was sort of amazed at how uncomfortable wearing flip flops got. But going barefoot in NYC and the subways was the reward for the discomfort.

12. mr_manager

mr_manager Member

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/

What to Wear
    Proper dress is required at all Disney Theme Parks. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times. At the Disney Water Parks, swim attire with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on the attractions. Wetsuits are not permitted on body slides.

This is what I found on their website. Disney is uptight still

13. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

I guess my question is whether or not they enforce it. A lot of places have similar policies (e.g., Home Depot) but don't enforce them. In other words, is it a "cover your ass" policy, or is it actual practice? Does anyone have experience either way?

14. hillman30

hillman30 Member

All the more reason to try what I suggested. Attend, somewhere throw your flip flops in a garbage can and wait to see what happens. Think of all the fun you'll have...lol. If somebody tries it, do let us know how things went.

15. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I was at Disney World in 91 before deploying. I was barefoot the entire time, of course it was raining cats and dogs so that might have helped.

as for the above comment, I would add that the strap broke and you had to chunk them for safety.

16. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Actually, brilliant idea on the blown out flip flop situation.

17. craiginthcorn

craiginthcorn Member

I was at Disney World for a few days in 2008 with two of my teenage daughters. I carried my flip flops, but was barefoot 99% of the time. I was approached by park personnel on a few occasions. A couple of times, it was suggested that for my safety, it would be better to wear my flip flops. Only once I can remember, while in line for the Haunted Mansion, was I refused admission until I put on my sandals. I didn't know there was an official policy required shoes. I'm not much of a rule-breaker, so I'm glad I was enjoying barefooting in blissful ignorance.

18. Barefooter73

Barefooter73 Member

I was at Disneyland LA last Wednesday and spent most of the afternoon/evening barefoot. I was wearing shorts, so it was very obvious.
    I did several rides, went in stores, got food and rode the tram back to the parking lot without a single comment.
    I did get some curious looks from other visitors as my toes were still painted black from Halloween!

I'm very impressed with their attitude.....

19. DirtySoles

DirtySoles Member

Old thread I know. I was at Disneyland Anahiem yesterday and saw at least 5 people walking around barefoot. 2 of them were carrying flips. One was carrying wet shoes. One was barefoot but had a bag big enough to hold footwear and the 5th was wearing flips walking in front me of, stopped, took them off, stuffed them into her purse (big purse) and continued walking.

20. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I only went to Disneyland one time when i was a kid but ive ben to Carowinds and Kings Dominion several times barefoot...only time it was ever a problem was at KD when i got on a roller coaster of all things where you had to sit.