34 replies to this topic

#1 StraightToes

StraightToes

N/A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 05:49 AM

Has anybody gone without shoes for the day at a Disney park? :mickey: No, not the water park (e.g., Splash Mountain), but the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, etc.? Just wondering how they react.

#2 The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being

PAIN IN ASS

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 11,643 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 05:51 AM

Just wondering how they react.

they say, "oh look, some blokes not wearing any shoes..." :frown:

#3 cattard

cattard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 07:59 AM

they say, "oh look, some blokes not wearing any shoes..." :frown:

I didn't know there was a Disneyland in England

#4 The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being

PAIN IN ASS

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 11,643 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 08:02 AM

I didn't know there was a Disneyland in England

there isn't. What's your point?

#5 boguskyle

boguskyle

kyleboguesque

• Members
  • 2,428 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 08:15 AM

i would like that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 DrKlunk

DrKlunk

weewoo island

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 08:26 AM

Cant imagine them caring at all, its a theme park. Bare feet just mean one less lost shoe or flippy flop. Im thinking about dropping some LSD and going to Islands Of Adventure at some point, thinking Ill go without kicks now... just to see if they say anything. Probably get some foot fungus waiting in line or something
[SIGPIC]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs320.snc4/41327_424831614772_584514772_4958074_1911469_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes

#7 hillman30

hillman30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 09:58 AM

The original one would not allow barefoot people in and probably still doesn't it being a very uptight company. I imagine Fla is like that too. It would be fun to try or to take off flip flops once inside and see how long you last before security comes and whisks you away. It probably wouldn't take long since they have security people and cameras all over the place....maybe throw the flips away so they'd be forced to walk you out barefoot. A sorta barefoot walk of shame, as it were.

Edited by hillman30, October 24 2010 - 10:01 AM.
added

#8 StraightToes

StraightToes

N/A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 10:46 AM

It would be fun to try or to take off flip flops once inside and see how long you last before security comes and whisks you away.

I've spent the day in flip-flops at both Disneyworld and Disneyland. By the end of the day my feet were swelling and my soles were getting achy from sliding around in the flip-flops. I've also gone in sneakers and my feet would swell uncomfortably in the confinement. I never paid attention, but I'd imagine a lot of folks would be walking out barefoot by the end of the day. Why not just start out that way? I wonder if they have a policy on their website?

#9 Kamran

Kamran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 10:49 AM

Till the 60's they didn't let men in with long hair.

#10 DrKlunk

DrKlunk

weewoo island

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 12:23 PM

The original one would not allow barefoot people in and probably still doesn't it being a very uptight company. I imagine Fla is like that too. It would be fun to try or to take off flip flops once inside and see how long you last before security comes and whisks you away. It probably wouldn't take long since they have security people and cameras all over the place....maybe throw the flips away so they'd be forced to walk you out barefoot. A sorta barefoot walk of shame, as it were.

I didnt know this. It might be a cool protest to have a bus load of people go, none wearing shoes. TOMS has a day where they ask people to not wear shoes to raise awareness of the children without shoes in countries suffering from poverty. I went to school without shoes, no problem. Id like to see a large amount of people do the same thing at a theme park or something of the sort where shoes are required.

Shoes are a luxury and should never be required of anyone.
[SIGPIC]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs320.snc4/41327_424831614772_584514772_4958074_1911469_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes

#11 hillman30

hillman30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 01:58 PM

Disney is just uptight. You can't work for them if you have a beard or mustache even tho walt had the latter. You could probably get away with barefeet at other theme parks. And yes straight, I agree. As I mentioned the other week I was sort of amazed at how uncomfortable wearing flip flops got. But going barefoot in NYC and the subways was the reward for the discomfort.

#12 mr_manager

mr_manager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted October 24 2010 - 04:16 PM

http://disneyworld.d...guest-services/

What to Wear
Proper dress is required at all Disney Theme Parks. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times. At the Disney Water Parks, swim attire with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on the attractions. Wetsuits are not permitted on body slides.

This is what I found on their website. Disney is uptight still

#13 StraightToes

StraightToes

N/A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted October 25 2010 - 03:01 PM

Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times... This is what I found on their website. Disney is uptight still

I guess my question is whether or not they enforce it. A lot of places have similar policies (e.g., Home Depot) but don't enforce them. In other words, is it a "cover your ass" policy, or is it actual practice? Does anyone have experience either way?

#14 hillman30

hillman30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 06:53 AM

All the more reason to try what I suggested. Attend, somewhere throw your flip flops in a garbage can and wait to see what happens. Think of all the fun you'll have...lol. If somebody tries it, do let us know how things went.

#15 txbarefooter

txbarefooter

• 1,185 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 04:54 PM

I was at Disney World in 91 before deploying. I was barefoot the entire time, of course it was raining cats and dogs so that might have helped.

as for the above comment, I would add that the strap broke and you had to chunk them for safety.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

#16 hillman30

hillman30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted October 26 2010 - 05:03 PM

Actually, brilliant idea on the blown out flip flop situation.

#17 craiginthcorn

craiginthcorn

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted November 07 2010 - 07:39 PM

I was at Disney World for a few days in 2008 with two of my teenage daughters. I carried my flip flops, but was barefoot 99% of the time. I was approached by park personnel on a few occasions. A couple of times, it was suggested that for my safety, it would be better to wear my flip flops. Only once I can remember, while in line for the Haunted Mansion, was I refused admission until I put on my sandals. I didn't know there was an official policy required shoes. I'm not much of a rule-breaker, so I'm glad I was enjoying barefooting in blissful ignorance.

#18 Barefooter73

Barefooter73

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted November 11 2010 - 01:24 PM

I was at Disneyland LA last Wednesday and spent most of the afternoon/evening barefoot. I was wearing shorts, so it was very obvious.
I did several rides, went in stores, got food and rode the tram back to the parking lot without a single comment.
I did get some curious looks from other visitors as my toes were still painted black from Halloween!

I'm very impressed with their attitude.....

#19 DirtySoles

DirtySoles

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 01:28 PM

Old thread I know. I was at Disneyland Anahiem yesterday and saw at least 5 people walking around barefoot. 2 of them were carrying flips. One was carrying wet shoes. One was barefoot but had a bag big enough to hold footwear and the 5th was wearing flips walking in front me of, stopped, took them off, stuffed them into her purse (big purse) and continued walking.

#20 AstroShark

AstroShark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 06:34 PM

I only went to Disneyland one time when i was a kid but ive ben to Carowinds and Kings Dominion several times barefoot...only time it was ever a problem was at KD when i got on a roller coaster of all things where you had to sit.

#21 cattard

cattard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 08:57 PM

I went to the now defunct Geauga Lake Amusement Park in Ohio ( i think).

It poured rain and there was a shuttle (read: limo golf cart) driving around picking up people. The driver said I had to put shoes and a shirt on to ride on the shuttle...some people are just idiots....think she's dead now she was so old

#22 PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 11:29 AM

I've heard that some theme parks that have those roller coasters where your feet dangle require you to remove flip flips so that they don't fall off. That would be cool to have the wind rushing through your bare toes!

#23 orison319

orison319

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • 56,763 posts
  • LocationSquirrel Hill Penisylvania

Posted June 28 2012 - 11:45 AM

I spent the entire day at Kennywood park in Pittsburgh Pa barefoot.
http://www.kennywood.com/

Capturev

Nineteen forty, Xmas eve
with the full moon over town
Stagger Lee shot Billy DeLyon

and he blew that poor boy down

#24 cattard

cattard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 08:13 PM

I've heard that some theme parks that have those roller coasters where your feet dangle require you to remove flip flips so that they don't fall off. That would be cool to have the wind rushing through your bare toes!

Yes, most of them I've been on require no sandals. Besides, you can't pay attention to the air in your toes, as you're screaming down the next hill

#25 DirtySoles

DirtySoles

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted July 21 2013 - 12:53 AM

I found a way to go barefoot at Disney parks. I cut the soles out of Chucks (the shoe). It looks like im wearing normal converse but the bottoms are totally removed leaving the entire sole to touch the ground. Wear pants and nobody notices, not even the Disney security or gate ticket takers.

#26 Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationGlastonbury UK

Posted July 22 2013 - 01:46 AM

Yeah, I recently went to Alton Towers in the UK. It's one of our largest theme parks. Firstly no issues with barefeet and secondly they insist that anyone with flip-flops to remove them on the roller coasters etc in case they fly off and cause some damage.

Shayla x

#27 j17435

j17435

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 07:16 PM

I really don't understand why us Americans are so uptight about bare feet in public.
Seems like most Europeans are more accepting of it.
If I ever get back there, I'll have to put that to the test.

#28 ffjeans

ffjeans

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 09:29 AM

I've been several times to DisneyWorld in FL; and I've only seen people walking barefoot after sunset. I tried it myself one time, and received no comments. The darkness obscures anyone seeing you clearly. You may also see people scrambling barefoot during short rain downpours.

#29 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• 25,362 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted July 24 2013 - 09:47 AM

Donald Duck is always barefoot.

Posted Image

#30 cattard

cattard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 08:31 PM

I just came back from a three-day at Darien Lake Amusment Park on NY State. The pathways are ashphalt and I walked barefoot everywhere. Many girls were also barefoot after they came from the waterpark (but they were in swimsuits as well)

My soles were very black and many people were staring at my toe rings