Kaboom - DMT lab goes up in flames

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by c-doc, Oct 22, 2010.

1. c-doc

c-doc Guest

First of all: Hi! I'm new here.

Not sure if I should post this to Drug Chem or DMT, but here's a little story from the past, bluelight deleted the thread a while back, the responses I got there were lovely (when consequences were still uncertain; one person actually offered financial support). Unlike on some other forums where I received massive criticism and quite personal insults.

Well, since I just found out how hip this place really is, I thought I'd give it a go and do a repost, at the same time see what people are like over here. :D This happened in late Aug 2007 if I remember correctly.

Here's the original post:

Later vice wrote an article about it, I didn't even get sent an issue for it (english language version isn't available over here).

2. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Interesting.

3. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

There are SOOOOO many things wrong with these descriptions it is horrifying. i'm not even going to start. The tek described is unnecessarily complex and uses weird ingredients.

Just use my tek people, and don't get so fucking greedy. Pull single grams at a time, NOT ounces. Use it for yourself, to trade and to gift and the spice elves (read: your subconscious you fucking fools, WHO THE FUCK DOES KITCHEN CHEMISTRY IN THE NUDE!!!!!!) will ensure you do not blow yourself up. Also, anyone who boils pots of gasoline over an open flame deserves to be blown up or set afire.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=398828&f=457

Read very carefully, follow directions to the letter and again, don't get greedy.

4. c-doc

c-doc Guest

I might've been stupid and reckless, but I had everything down when it came to the extraction techniques. 10kg input -> 120g 99.9% DMT. I have an nmr and gc/ms analysis, if you don't believe me (though chances are you still won't believe it's my material that was being analysed once you see it). All that within 7-10days with a total cost of ~1100€. So fuck your tek. ;P

The whole process was done within 1.5l plastic bottles, the plant matter staying within those bottles (suspended in alkaline H2O) throughout the whole process, ready to be disposed post-extraction. No mess, no separation funnel, no smell (well no smell until the solvents had to be evapped, IPA cleaning, alkaline wash and recryst would follow).

The whole vaccuum cleaner, gas canister thing was back when I had less experience and was trying to make the process more efficient, less time consuming, more low profile after I had first been following one of those lame internet teks which can usually not be scaled up for my needs.

I was quite creative during those days. As with all things, I just became really reckless (/idiotic) with time, ultimately leading to the accident. In retrospect, it was a welcome incident and I wouldn't be where I am today without it. In fact, I might have subconsciously called for something like that to happen. That's the only way to explain my behaviour really.

Oh and about the use of "weird" ingredients... I used NaOH and Coleman Fuel. Not very exotic. For the cleaning processes I used: IPA, activated charcoal granula, heavily diluted Ammonia (1mol/l) and Heptan for recrystallization. None of those are exotic at all, eventhough Heptan can be hard to acquire in some places. This was just for the added benefit of even higher purity though, which I doubt I could've found a more suitable, less "weird" solvent for.

Edit: Your spiritual talk about the dmt elves' gift in combination with the following claim that certain people deserve to blow themselves up really seem quite hypocritical to me.

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Just out of curiosity.. why were you doing chemistry nude?
    Seems like you would want something in between your skin and chemicals if you happened to spill some..

6. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

Fuck your tek.

You are an unsafe amateur and possibly a troll.

My record and teks on this forum speak for themselves.

Coleman is the ONE naptha that has a nasty ass additive (used to as a rust preventative). Prove it by putting a bit on some glass and evaporating. You see that nasty, oily, green residue. Additive.

Ammonia? Only if you like a radically reduced yield.

My tek stresses safety all around. Seriously, did you even read what you originally posted?

My hypocrasy will take care of itself, thank you. i call it like i see it. Stupid is as stupid does.

i have never had an accident, spill or chemical burn. Hundreds of trips and about a hundred full blown breakthroughs. Never sold a microgram.

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

it sounded like bullshit to me

8. Xora

Xora Member

And on another note, that not a very good yield. Given time and patience using Spicey method you can yield almost 30 G per KG. Which should means something to trade weed for, and to be given away.. I can't understand thinking "Damn Im going to take something deepens the world around us and make fuckin moneysss". Thats a small minded attitude. Grow up, learn from what you experienced. Oh and your tech is dangerous and full of nastsy. Use Spiceys.