Currency war goes global

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by midgardsun, Oct 6, 2010.

1. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

2. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

3. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

4. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

False flag is bullshit article, author is talking out his ass as far as I can gather from the situation.

5. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/17/AR2010101700019.html

Edited...actually this article is kind of stupid. No shit no one has a magic bullet, and the author acts like the FED tries to hide it, but I also read this... http://www.clevelandfed.org/For_the_Public/News_and_Media/Speeches/2010/Pianalto_20100930.cfm

Seems pretty clear the attitude is that we are still experiencing slow growth, but they will do what's in their power to help growth along....but the article does make a good point as it relates to the debasing U.S. dollar value..

6. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Thanx I was just about to write that I dont agree with your first article...

7. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Well it's a large article, it makes a lot of different points, I don't think it is biased in any one direction. Just like too much Federal intervention in the Market is deterrent to an active economy, while not enough allows bullshit like the mortgage crisis to take place.

8. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

9. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

^^^ never trust anyone who quotes henry ford

10. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

I'll check that out. But you are posting so many links it's hard to see where YOU stand on any of this. Yes, a lot of americans are ignorant on our economy and monetary system in general, including myself, which is why I've taken steps to learn more in light of recent events. This is incredibly interesting stuff, and as you said, something that could really affect our means of living. But hell this is a hipforums, the means of living of U.S. citizens here, would be wide and different from the majority of the U.S. population.

As far as that Henry Ford quote, it has implications on both sides, perhaps some of tax spending and other domestic monetary choices haven't proven effective, but do the American people have any idea of how manipulated they are by Corporations, and how many selfish and schemish things go on behind their back because somehow the American dream treats those and those top few in cahoots with money and thus power as deserving some sort of personal liberty like they are a trustworthy hardworking common man that does deserve liberty.

Me and a friend had this discussion the other day, he seemed to be under the conspiracy impression that the government is secretly trying to control the common man and that large business aren't the threat...the Government is. Sure I can't prove everything the Government does, I only know what's been told to me. But from what I gather our best bet is on stronger Government.

That is Government, by the people for the people, and the top 1% of the population with the most wealth should not get the strongest vote.

11. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Thanks, in Germany I spend a lot of time every day in economy and banking forums- the people there who are in the picture estimate that 99% of the people dont have any idea how our monetary system works. One of the main reasons why the population doesnt learn to think in school is that they dont understand that because if they would...see above.
    That system is the main reason for misery on our planet, the compound interest is more effective than any war so far in bringing misery on the world.
    I already posted this but its important to understand so I post again this article on compound interest, the financial weapon of mass destruction
    http://www.alislam.org/egazette/articles/Compund-Interest-200903.pdf

12. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Wow, I can't believe I read a good chunk of that before realizing it's some Islamic attempt to address economy. I'm sorry but that's just silly for this day and age, yeah the global economic system has the potential to hurt the lower classes and majority, but I'm sure everyone in the world would be in a far worse situation if the system is completely done away with.

13. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Good morning:)

maybe not everything Islamic is bad...lik a big part of our culture

yes, me too- unfortunately thats inevitable if they (we) dont change the basics of our monetary system like compound interest.

14. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

I'm sorry. It's not specifically an Islamic thing, it's a religious thing. And it's not even that they're wrong, they definitely have a very morally sound motivation behind them. I just don't agree with the idea of rewriting everything.... this is getting a bit iffy, I'm wondering if Ima be targeted by the FBI or CIA just for visiting that page.

15. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

16. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Hm, yes I noticed this in the market news today, but it didn't get as much media attention as to point to any threat of a nationalistic economy there. I wonder though, they began to build up the strength of the yuan, as the U.S. would liked to have seen. I wonder though does a stronger Yuan benefit their domestic economy, I'd think so...maybe China is pushing in a Nationalistic direction. We have the G20 this weekend, and currency is going to be the main topic.

17. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

18. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

19. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Oh the Hypocrisy! Albeit due to the strong division on our Domestic front between our citizens and politicians.

G20 Rebuffs US Call for Limits on Currencies, Trade
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/39779307

20. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member