Hello!!! EXALGO???

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by p0rkch0p, Sep 29, 2010.

1. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

hello, im a noob here!!!! so here is the breakdown..... i have been diagnosed with arthritis in my left foot, RSD (nerve damage) in my right foot following surgery i had on my ankle. I ended up snapping a tendon in my ankle, and tore the one between my tibula and fibula, the Ortho ended up putting pins in either side of those bones and running "piano wire" as he called it between the pins to hold my bones in place, the tendon in my leg was healing wrong so he had to cut it away from the bone to it could re-heal correctly. i was also diagnosed with a degenerate spine, very early into it tho.... Following surgery, my foot never fell right again so off to pain management i went. Before going i was dabbling in opiates usually on the weekend, maybe 10 mg a night (lol the cheap days). So to my question, i had a dr appt. yesterday i told my doc that for the past 9 weeks my oxycontin 20mg (2 a day) wasnt cutting it anylonger... which it really doesnt matter seeing as how im on max 10 15mg roxi's a day. He asked if i wanted to increase my dosage and not to sound like a pill head, i said "what ever you think is best" so he gave me a script for EXALGO. Upon searching i know that is a once a day pill in the 12mg form, and it is hydromorphone aka dilaudid. Other than that i cant find much on them. Has anyone had them are the safe to snort, or chew, i cant find anything that says it has a abuse blocker on it like the new OP oxys, which is another reason i wanted to up or change, seeing as how i usually just pop them, alot, i may have only snorted 2 pills in the past year.

Any info would be great....and when the pharm. gets them in, i keep erryone posted on my experience!!!!! I have had Opana 10s before, just broke them in half and ate them, and took them straight..... iknow they have a low bio availability and like i said not a huge snorter, do you think they would be stronger than the 10 opanas????/

thanks in advance!!!!

ps...i did use the search function in the forum, and i got ZIPPY!!!!!

2. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

bump city bump bump!!.....not even one reply c'mon guys.......almost through my script, and need to know if they are worth keeping or should i get back to my Oxycontins, given the new found info about walgreens!!!!! next Dr appt in a week, lemme know!!!!!

3. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

4. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

huh, i though ER hydromorphone was taken off the market in the states...

anyway, i used to be on ER hydromorphone too. they came in capsules with beads inside. if your not into snorting, then i suggest you get back on OC ( the original). hydromorphone has a low oral BA and i couldn't get any decent pain relief unless i snorted them.

hope that helps buddy.

5. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

yeah, i read that they were taken off the market, but have been put back on in like the past 7 months, i am not currently snorting it because i dunno anything about them. like the time release coating, is it like the old oc's or like the new op's, what is the BA intra-nasally? I have only started snorting my 15mg roxis here and there......i dont want to be the one to find out that i shouldnt have snorted it, lol. Thanks for ur reply tho!!!!!!!!

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Is it that your main goal is to get high, or is the main thing dealing with the pain?

I recommend checking out acupuncture for the pain. It can be expensive though.

I would urge anyone to think twice about using opiates, but you are likely already aware of the risks involved.

7. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

so here is the latest, i have decided to discontinue the Exalgo, as it was neither helping with the pain, or getting me lifted and it was surprisingly expensive even with insurance. I talked with the dr today and i went from 10 IR roxi's and the 1 Exalgo a day, (originally i was on the 10 15mg roxi's and the 2 20mg Oxycontins) to 9 15mg Roxi's and 2 30mg Oxycontins. Even though they are the OP's they are better at relieving the pain than the Hydromorphones were, no surprise, we (the dr and I) thought that since i never took them they would be more apt to help since they were new to my body. I guess the drop in the one Roxi's is to offset the increase in the oxycontin, no biggie i guess even though an odd number of pills a day fucks me up.....lol.

The confusing part.

As im sure we all have read that Wal-Greens is carring the Ethex brand which is the old OC's the ones we all love, i ask my Dr to write Generics if available on the script, i drove 15 miles out of my way, to go there, and they said that they dont carry the generics in the 30 mg strength.....DOH!!!! so the OP's are all i could get. I ask if they could get them, and they stated that "they havent been able to get them for sometime now". Prior as the Dr and i were negotiating prescription amounts, he was going to give me 8 roxi's a day and 3 20mg Oxycontins, and we settled on the above ( 9 15s and 2 30s ) so my plan is to call them tomorrow and see if they can get the 20mg's in the Ethex brand, i have my fingers crossed as i refuse to go through all of these methods of trying to beat the scientists, lol.

Well thats where i stand.....questions, comments, concerns, all are welcome!!!!! thanks guys!!!!!!

also was able to find a nice new brace for my foot that really seems to be working better than the last!!!!!!!!! Which I am ecstatic about!!!!